BCA Barrel seems to work.

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by ajole, Apr 23, 2020.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Took the 6.5 CM to the range today. It’s a DIY assembled upper using parts from several places. 18” heavy barrel. I’m not shooting 1000 meters, it’s enough.
    Used some S&B factory and my loads. Same POI, go figure. So that’s 6 rounds, shot 3 factory loads, reloaded, shot 3 of my loads. 100 yards on the bipod, I’m happy.
    I adjusted the scope and got the same group in the bull, but didn’t take a pic. And the Hexmags fed fine.

Attached Files:

2. 6.5 x 49 Creedmoor is a good rifle round. I never plan to shoot beyond 500 yards so 7.62 x 51 millimeter rounds are fine for me.

Rerun likes this.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yeah. But mine feeds and shoots in either caliber by just pulling two pins and swapping uppers.:D

4. Shopfox

Shopfox Member

Nice shooting!

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It’s not hard off a bench with a bipod, using a good trigger with a cartridge as accurate as 6.5.
    But thanks, I appreciate it.

Just got my newest BCA barrel in today. 7.62x39, 10.5”. Should get the bits and pieces on Wednesday to get it built.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

What length gas system?

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Carbine, on a 16” barrel. I forgot, I changed my mind at the last minute and went rifle barrel.

8. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Nice shootin’

9. Shopfox

Shopfox Member

What kind of lower are you using with the 6.5? Any fit issues with the BCA?
    I have a DPMS LR-308T that could benefit from having a longer barrel and flatter round.

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It’s a DPMS Oracle. I replaced the 6 POS stock with an A2 stock, and put in a LaRue trigger.
    The upper for the 6.5 is a Noreen, the 18” barrel fit fine, the handguard lined up, the pins fit right, and the Bushnell scope is nice for a cheap one. I got 18” because I didn’t care about the extra 4-6 inches, I’m not shooting 1000 yards. And the heavy barrel makes it HEAVY.

Shopfox likes this.