Been working on something for my 4095

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Kronos, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Oppulent Disparity Member

Its been a while since I've posted. Lost my grandmother and have been dealing with some personal life issues that have been a real PITA.

Anyways, I dont want to give too much away about what I've been working on lately. It's something that resembles an integrally suppressed 4095ts. Two other hints that are relevant: "Maxim" and "Osprey".

I dont want to get any hopes up, but many will hopefully find it interesting, if not cool. I'm about 75% complete and hoping to have final product finished within the next week. Hopefully this weekend if I'm lucky.

2. supreme lack of anything to comment on here

3. Geezer

Geezer Junior Member Member

That was a whole lot of nothing.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Yeah you got us all excited 'bout nothing.........

On the other hand, condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sure she's in a better place. We will be waiting to see what your'e up to.

6. Kronos

Sorry for the vagueness, but dont want to give away too much.

Was hoping to work on this project today, but i dont think that will happen. Still kinda early though.

And thank you all. Grandmother is in a much better place. It was sad, but not as sad as seeing her suffer and be miserable before she passed.

7. Kronos

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  8. Kronos

Dont know why it didnt attach first time. Sorry.

So heres a tease...still need to "paint" on another coat of resin, sand her down nice smooth and round, clean it all up, and paint it. It attaches to the stock and not the barrel. If it turns out nice and i get positive feedback, i'll mold it, cast them and sell them. I already have a good polymer chosen for casting.

Attached Files:

9. What are we looking at here?

10. RobbK

RobbK Member

looks like a barrel shroud that attaches where the rail under the barrel does.

11. Kronos

Ding ding ding....we have a winner!

Past couple days have been kind of hectic, busy, and humid. Other than recent sanding progress, which is a pain, not much in the form of updates. Its almost concentrically smooth with the exception of some small valleys that need shallow filling. Then just a good cleaning and painting.

12. cheapoldgunsmith

cheapoldgunsmith Member

Are you going to overlap the suppressor back over the barrel to keep it short?

I have been pondering doing an integrally suppressed hipoint, though I was kind of leaning towards a .45, shortening the barrel to about 10" and permanently mounting the outer can so I don't need 2 tax stamps.

13. 2cool4skool

2cool4skool Member

optimum platform

While I'm not a 45acp fan, I think your idea of a 10" barrel would probably get the most boost in MV that is practical for that round. IIRC, the DeLisle carbine of WWII fame with the SAS was a 45. It was selected because it was subsonic and heavy.

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Subbing for Updates, KRONOS!

Sorry for your loss...