14,264 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
Reactions: Bull

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
Local home brewer stopped by, hey try this IPA I made, it has 130IBU of bitterness. One sip, spit it out, WTF is in this? I would rather drink gas from my car!

He laughed and said that was everybodies reaction and he did it just to see how many hops he could cram into a beer. Way to many IPA's have gone that route...

I make one, 35IBU on the hop bitterness scale, grapefruit/citrus flavor, refreshing on a hot summer day and really good with fatty BBQ like pulled pork or BBQ chicken leg quarters. Also a very simple recipe with 2 row malt and Chinook hops. Comes in around 5% ABV so you won't get drunk off 2 or 3...

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
She knows better than to drink it.
I drink it! Good stuff! But I get tired of the same recipe all the time so I try new beer styles then clone them. Friends are harping on me to brew a batch and bottle some for them!

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
That was strictly an East coast beer for a while, and I tried it when I went to Cherry Point when Sonny-Boi was in the Corps. Top notch.
I see their signs all over here in INDY, now.
It didn't cross the Mississippi. I drink that or Labatt and I'm just now able to get Labatt in my AO...

·
Just a Man
14,264 Posts
Labatt is pretty tasty.

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
Interesting to see beer trends change over the years. I remember when PBR and Grain Belt were the beer of choice, then it shifted to Miller, then to Budweiser, now some of the east coast breweries are resurfacing as the beer to drink.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Interesting to see beer trends change over the years. I remember when PBR and Grain Belt were the beer of choice, then it shifted to Miller, then to Budweiser, now some of the east coast breweries are resurfacing as the beer to drink.
Thats because we were limited on choices. And nobody knew better.

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
Don't remember where, moonz, but I've had that too. Remember it being good, but a little too light for me

Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Don't remember where, moonz, but I've had that too. Remember it being good, but a little too light for me
Its super light. Nice for a hot day. On colder days I start looking for darker beers.

·
Registered
809 Posts
It didn't cross the Mississippi. I drink that or Labatt and I'm just now able to get Labatt in my AO...
My neighbor got so hungover from drinking Yuengling one night, the next day he gave what he had left to my son and said "take this to your dad". I tried it and switched from Labatt to Yuengling that day.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
My neighbor got so hungover from drinking Yuengling one night, the next day he gave what he had left to my son and said "take this to your dad". I tried it and switched from Labatt to Yuengling that day.
I like variety. Beers for me depend on weather mostly. Summer time its lighter type beers and move to amber in the fall and darker beers in the winter.

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
Same, I always have stouts in the fridge for winter drinking but summer I like a nice cold lawnmower beer...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts