Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my carbine used at a gun show, and the next day sent it to Mother (at their suggestion) for a checkup. I'm expecting it back any day now, so I'm ready to start shooting. One thing I've learned reading these boards is bent firing pins seems to be a relatively common issue. Is the cause of these bent pins loading a magazine with the bolt locked back? Anything else I should keep in mind?

Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah, I should add that I've already got an ATI stock - I'll be putting it on as soon as the 995 gets back.

G

·
i would head to the range and put a couple hundred rounds down range on the original stock to make sure it functions 100% before installing the new stock. Just mho

i have never bent a firing pin so i can't answer that hopefully someone will know more about that.

Get out there and put some holes in paper!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's probably a good idea - which means I'll be changing the stock first thing :D

You're right, though. I'd hate to change the stock, go to the range, have a problem, and have to change the stock back again to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yeah for sure shoot it without the ATI first. Other than that I would shoot some oil in it and shoot as many bullets down range as possible!!!!!!

Have fun and give us a range report after you fire it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The best way to avoid bent firing pins is dont load your mag on a closed bolt...lock it open, then insert a mag...its the rounds popping up into the chamber as you pull back the bolt that can bend the pin...

G

·
1.I shot my 995 first time after ATI stock installed. No problem at all.
2.How do you lock the bolt open?
pull back on the chraging handle and notice how there is a large hole compare to the rest of the groove. push in on the knob it will slide into that hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.