bent firing pin

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Parts and Accessories For Sale or Trade' started by harley_d75, May 12, 2014.

1. harley_d75

harley_d75 harley_d75 Member

tx
    again thank you MOM for ur quick responce for sending a new firing pin and springs out standing service i dont know how the pin got bent but it was bent so bad that it would not even cycle any way thanks again hi point

2. johnjh2o

johnjh2o Member

I also received A new replacement firing pin for my JHP that bent. The new one was shorter. It works fine. My guess is the reason the old one bent was because it was two long. The springs seem to be the same.

3. harley_d75

tx
    ok brother hi pointers the new spring i recieved well guess what i went put 30 rounds thru it with new pin i took it apart to clean and this new one is showing signs of a lil bend already after 30 rounds ok any help would be much apreciated

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Do you really need two identical threads on a bent firing pin?

5. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

he bent 2 pins...:D

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

hell, i want to know why after only 30 rounds he took it apart in the first place. thats not dirty enough to even require a bore snake, just tap it and stick it back in the locker.

7. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

possible troll?

8. harley_d75

tx
    just wanted to see if the freakin pin was bent again yeah first metal shavings if i didnt take it apart i would have never known that the pin was bent
    stupid

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  9. harley_d75

tx
    by the way Ahole i didnt bend the pins moron freaken gun did

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    5... 4... 3...

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

somebody sure is grumpy today. and actually you clearly said you took it apart to clean it after 30 rounds, but thats ok, after only 30 rounds i honestly dont see how the pin bent AGAIN. not saying its not possible, but, unless you put something together wrong i really just dont see two pins on a new gun bending with barely any rounds thru it. hell, i changed my pin after 2000 rounds, and only because i thought i probably should, not because it was bent enough to truly need it. i think maybe you should post a picture or two of these ''bent'' pins so we can see what you are working with.

12. Are you supposed to clean these things? :eek: I will take it apart and clean it when it quits running. Other than that I just shoot it.

13. talon

talon the banned wagon

even the manual says not to take it apart for almost 500 rounds. i will run a bore snake thru mine after each day out, but mine has been apart ONCE and im pushing 4000 rounds thru it. just lube it once in awhile and it works flawlessly.

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Just toss it in the dishwasher and blast it with Remoil when done.

15. Y'know i got my old dishwasher out back. Not a bad idea my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

16. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Although I don't have quite that many rounds through any of mine, I have to agree with you that I had to get around 1,000 rounds in my JHP (has the highest round count of all my Hi Points) before I actually took the slide off. Used some synthetic safe blast cleaner, then oiled it down. Put it back together...good for another couple of years.