bent firing pin

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by harley_d75, May 17, 2014.

1. harley_d75

harley_d75 harley_d75 Member

tx
    make a long story short so my c9 1st firing pin bent donnt know how. 2nd called MOM she replaced with new i installed went to range shot 30 rounds and shot my sr9c ok took them home clean the 2nd firing pin in my c9 is slightly bent again so now i have to call MOM and she what she says if any one here have a clue i like to know

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Unlucky? Ammo related? Just a phone call away.

3. Omalley80

Omalley80 Member

Ohio
    Are u loading the magazine into the firearm with the slid locked open. Since the hi points use the firing pin as the ejector it's sticks way out with slide locked back, and the rounds in the mag can hit it when inserted. I did it when I first got mine, I didn't know it used the firing pin as the ejector.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

4. 40calcarbineguy

40calcarbineguy Member

I had the same problem and MOM suggested that I insert the magazine with the chamber closed. However, I just noticed that my firing pin is also slightly bent (#2).

5. Omalley80

Omalley80 Member

Ohio
    Yeah like I said when I first got mine it didn't know and that was about 10 years ago since I replaced it and haven't inserted that with it locked open since I've never had a bent pin again.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum