Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody own this gun? I'm contemplating it for my CCW (the standard one with external hammer and safety).

What do you guys think about it?

I've only handled it once and that was last year, don't remember much of it.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Sandi (Mrs.Jerky) owns the Storms in 9mm sub compact and the full size 45 acp; both excellent pistols. She carries the 9 and reserves the 45 for range duty. Her other Beretta calibers in handgun are 22LR, 32 acp and 380.She loves them all more than she does me,but that is another story :-[

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate all the site links, but I had already done all the research from their own mouths. I was just hoping to get a feel from the general populace as I'm a big believer in word of mouth.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I have the predecessor to the PX-4, the Cougar (Baretta 8000) in .45ACP. I've put about 1200 rounds through it with no troubles at all. I'd strongly recommend a PX-4 based on my experience with the 8000.

Ron M.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While I like the fact that it comes in .40 (my caliber of choice) and .45, I plan on getting it in 9mm due to the cost of ammo. There's no point in me using this for concealed carry if I can't get the trigger time in to become and (more importantly) stay proficient in it.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
of course I just supplied the basic obviouseness of the situation. I knew others who actually had experience with it would chime in.

Im just the copy and paste guy.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
never had shot the px4 but I love my 92fs. Can't go wrong with Beretta
"You're not a SEAL until you've eaten Italian steel"

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Thanks for giving me a reason to research the phrase Andronicus. I hate my curiosity sometimes.
No problem man. Just remember the cases where it happened were few and far in between, but I still look at it as it should have never happened.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Blade, the model F is sweet, I have one myself. However, I'm converting it over to model G, no external safety (decock only) for practical purposes.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I own a 8000 cougar and have used my friends PX4 9mm. Both use the Beretta rotating barrel which reduces recoil. Both great shooters.
Your choice plastic or steel. As stated can't go wrong with a Beretta.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blade, the model F is sweet, I have one myself. However, I'm converting it over to model G, no external safety (decock only) for practical purposes.
While the other models are also nice, I'm just a fan of external safeties.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a C model PX4, great weapon without question. It is a little large for me, when it comes to a CCW unless you go for a PX4 SC. While it can be done, the SC would make it easier. I openly carry so its not an issue.

C model is DAO with no safeties, similar to the D model. the D is a true DAO. The C is a half cocked variant, shorter trigger stroke with slightly less pull weight. The C model has NO DOUBLE STRIKE CAPABILITY. The slide must be cycled to cock the trigger.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
C model is DAO with no safeties, similar to the D model. the D is a true DAO. The C is a half cocked variant, shorter trigger stroke with slightly less pull weight. The C model has NO DOUBLE STRIKE CAPABILITY. The slide must be cycled to cock the trigger.
That's also one thing I like about the SA/DA of the model F. As long as you pull the trigger it'll strike whatever is in the chamber, first time, second time, third time (god forbid lol).

As for the SC, I think that's just too damn small for my hands.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts