Beretta U22 Neos

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Kyu, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

Hey all,
    Just picked up a Beretta U22 Neos (with 6 barrel) NIB for $180 which includes a hard case and second mag. Seemed like a decent price so I got it. Anyone have any experience with these? I'll try to get a range report out ASAP.

cheers,
    Kyu

2. No personal experience but I have read nothing bad about them. Only complaint I have heard is the space age ray gun look. This pistol is marketed by Beretta as being match grade accurate right out of the box.

3. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

its a very nice .22... and at that price, i would have bought 2.

4. griff30

griff30 Member

uhh, I would suggest you find your USB port and plug your digital camera in set up a photobucket account or your gonna get a quick lesson from the Gunny.

5. I've gotten to shoot one recently and it was a nice little .22 auto.

The only bad things I've heard from the owner are that it's finicky about ammo (his won't shoot anything but CCI Stingers reliably and even with those we had a couple of FTE's) and that the magazines don't leave the magwell without help, the mag release just unlocks it with no kick-out.

My personal opinion was that it was a nice enough pistol, but if you're not interested in turning it into the carbine with the stock you'd be better off with a Ruger Mk-whatever.

6. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

the whole ray gun look turned me off to them. Never worked on one and the local dealer has had one in stock for a LONG time he cant get rid of.

SW

7. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

Sorry 4095, if WI did not have a 48 hour waiting period, pics would be up, but, alas, I cannot pick her up til tues. However, should be able to pick her up then.
    I agree with the "ray gun look" but it feels good in the hand and at 180 I wish they woulda had 2 for me to buy! It was a touch decision between the 4 or 6" barrel but figgered I'd go for a "long range" target pistol. Again, I'll let you guys know how it shoots!

8. griff30

griff30 Member

I warned you.
    That foul mouthed mother shows up when you talk about a new piece without a picture.

9. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

Mrs.Uncle Jerky has one.It really fits her hand like a glove,is very accurate and accepts optics on the integrated top receiver rail. She has a Tasco Pro Point red dot on hers and just loves it. I tease her that she's spacey anyway,so the gun was just made for her!!

10. Deadeye008

Deadeye008 Member

I have had one for about 4 or 5 years now and I love it. It is a very fun gun to shoot and as an amazing trigger right out of the box. Mine is the 4" barrel and it is really accurate. I have heard that the longer barrels are even more accurate. I had a red dot sight on mine at one time and that made it easier for me to be more accurate but it made it a little too bulky for my tastes and so I took it off. I think you will be really impressed with this gun.

11. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

I wanted either a NEOS or a P22 but I could never decide, how are these two compared to each other?

12. pjm204

pjm204 Member

I am pretty positive they don't actually sell the carbine kit. I think the BATFE threatened them because of the ease of SBRing it. If they do have a carbine kit available for it, I WANT ONE.

13. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

Spectral Band Replication?

14. GunTest magazine did not give it a good review.

They said the build quality was good and it had some good features but that accuracy was not good at all.

15. jason865

jason865 Guest

I think he means short barreled rifle.