Bergdahl investigation

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hermitt, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I couldn't find the older thread re: this deserter......

But it looks like the results of the investigation will NOT be released until AFTER the Nov 4th elections. So it must be toxic.....

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/...to-Release-Findings-of-Bergdahl-Investigation

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Columnists say republicans are using this scandal for political reasons...... I guess that's nothing like Obama surrounding himself with sandy hook children to push for ridiculous gun control....

3. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Or calling acts of terror, such as the Fort Hood shooting or the recent Oklahoma incident, 'workplace violence' and not 'Islamic Terrorism'. Hell, even the denial of ISIS being related to 'Islam' is a political stunt.

4. colthrash

colthrash Member

by the BLM...

5. bigmfkp

bigmfkp woodsman Member

Bergdahl

Everything about the Bergdahl circus steps on every nerve in My being. First He was a E-3 when He walked away from His Post, Brothers & Country. He returns a E-5. Then the Obama crew has the nerve to use the No Man Left Behind Motto to justify the catastrophic exchange. I believe that Deserter should have been brought home. But the term No Man Left Behind is a term held dear to Service Men & Women that Fight next to Each Other & FOR Each Other & is a insult to apply that honorable bond of trust between those that served with honor to this unfortunate & despicable farce of Politics. Then to drag those Who came forward through the mud & basically label them liars speaks volumes to this Administrations Character or should I say lack of. Bergdahl deserves nothing less than a Dishonorable Discharge, Loss of Rank & forfeiture of all Pay & Benefits. I would say shame on this Administration for the way this is being handled but it is very in Our Face evident that shame, honor & the sense of right falls way behind Political Agendas.

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

He has to be found guilty at a court martial first don't you think?
    Look, I have no love lost for Bergdahl, never have and never will.
    And yes, something stinks about this case.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If...and that's a big if, considering the political appointment of upper level military leaders...so IF someone actually is able to charge him, then it should be nearly impossible to fail in finding a jury that holds the same disgust for the man that many if us do.:cool:

8. Bull

Has there even been an "official" hearing for his absence?....... Let alone a court martial hearing..... At best, Bergdahl is a deserter, at worst a traitor and terrorist.

9. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Yes, he should receive a Courts Martial, and as soon as he is found guilty of desertion under Article 85 he should be put in front of a firing squad. ;)

10. He deserted his post, sought out and consorted with the enemy and supposedly provided the enemy with information about his unit and how it was deployed. In the eyes of our president, this guy is a hero. That's why he wasn't charged. As for getting promoted, it's that old liberal adage, screw up and move up.

11. SWAGA

How do you equal being captured, held hostage, escaping and getting recaptured and tortured twice with consorting with the enemy?

12. Bull

I'd like to see the substantiated report on that please... From someone more credible than him.....

13. bigmfkp

bigmfkp woodsman Member

I guess with Bergdahls vast experience with failing His Team He could always apply to the Secret Service.

14. Some of the reporting after he was returned, talked to military officials who noted that after he was 'captured', attacks against his unit became unusually effective. Military experts suspect that was a direct result of Bergdahl providing them with information on his unit, how it was deployed and how it would react. And initial reports were that he walked away from his post and left a letter condemning the US military and that he was seeking out the enemy. I call that desertion, not being 'captured'.

As for torture, I think your post is the first mention I've heard of Bergdahl being tortured. Funny isn't it how everybody else is beheaded but this guy was returned...

15. bigmfkp

bigmfkp woodsman Member

SWAGA I like You Man but REALLY??? That Deuche Bag deserted His Brothers in Arms, Put Them in even more danger & when He wasn't welcomed with loving open arms by the Taliban like He imagined in His chowder brain We are supposed to give His unpleasant treatment merit??? He was fed & kept alive which is more than the Ones that served with honor & DIDN'T get to come home can say. And I don't call Someone that goes seeking the Taliban being captured & held hostage. The bottom line is Bergdahl took a giant bowel movement on His Squad Members & there is NOTHING that can sway Me from that. In a forward position trust is worth more than all the Gold in FT. Knox. Bergdahl deserves no quarter for His Selfish, dishonorable & despicable act.

16. SWAGA

I'm saying it's turning into a political hype without any of the meaningful details being known to the general public.
    That report should be public.

17. Bull

I'm sure that's what's bugging you.... Because the Libs never exploit a situation for political gain....... ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1413401318.074423.jpg

18. SWAGA

No it's bugging me I can't read the report....;)

19. Bull

Which stands to reason, that if the report would clear Bergdahl, AND make Obama look good, it would have been "accidentally" leaked to lamestream media long ago...... That is unless they had the same Tech people who were "recovering" the IRS emails, working on generating a report...