Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new here and maybe this topic has been brought up already but i haven't seen it I'm just wondering if anyone know any good scopes for the HP-995 preferably a red dot

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey I'm new here and maybe this topic has been brought up already but i haven't seen it I'm just wondering if anyone know any good scopes for the HP-995 preferably a red dot
Most will say a BSA red dot, but i found them to be too stubby for my taste, so i went with a Center point 1 x 34mm red dot. You can get them at wal-mart for around 35 bucks, and for the purpose of weekend plinking and small game i dont think you can really go wrong with it. Other than that i do tend to leave it on and drain it more than my BSA, but hey thats just me :cantlook:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Dunhams and Dick's sell a Tru-Glo red/green dot for about $50. They also have a NEW 2x version for $80. If you close one eye, and squint with the other, in low lighting, it looks like an ACOG.

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
I have the BSA red dot and I like it....I dont consider it too stuby....but to each theyre own.... I did see the centerpoint at wallys....might work ok on my .22

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Not to bust your research but do you want a scope or a sight. It really depends on what you want...do you want something that is magnified or something that is better for fast target aquistion or...Decide what you want and go from there.

G

·
ive put an center point 3-9x50 with aluminating crosshairs red and green for $60
not a bad scope killed 2 racoons with it and half a dozen muskrats

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put a BSA RD30 on my 995 and I'm not convinced that it's holding zero very well. Seems like I have to tweak it everytime I go to the range. Anyone else have a problem with this?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Scope speaking, avoid the NcStar at all cost, try to avoid the Barksa (I have one and fell for the trap). Most standard size scopes are decent quality but be careful on the inexpensive tactical scopes. There is a reason why they are less expensive.

As for sights, the red dots are very common and fair quality. I own a bushnell holographic sight. Great quality (same company produces as the much more expensive eotechs). Great sight but I have heard bushnell is going to quit making them soon so if you want to jump on it, do it soon. I think I paid around $225 shipped for mine. If you want more info, feel free to ask and I can give you some pics and some more details.

Good luck searching!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Recently ive heard alot of good things about Hammers red dot scopes. One has a screw on 2x magnification lens, which i thinks is cool, but at the same time it bothers me on how durable it will be, and the other is a solid scope which seems to be the one most people are praising.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hammers-2X42MM-Red-Dot-Scope-New-2X-Power-Red-Dot-Sight_W0QQitemZ260339254867QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260339254867&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would look at the Millet SP-1 red dot. I had for one for a while in a scout mount on my Mini-14, but replaced with an EOTech 511. Now, when I get my new scope base in the mail (thanks Hi Point) I'm going to put the Millet on my 995.

The Millet tolerated the recoil of the Mini-14's 223 well without any change in zero. I expect it will work just fine on the 995. About $80 new and you can get them with a silver or matte black coloring.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Anybody try a holographic scope? What would be the pro's/con's of that type of scope vs a red dot?

G

·
For the money the tasco red dot @ $30.00 is a great sight. If you are looking for something for longer distances get a $69.00 crosshare 12x scope. I have a few scopes i swap between various rifles and love the tasco on this weapon for up to 100ft but anything after i like a conventional crosshare scope. Amazing how acurate these little rifles are @ 100yrds

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a Tasco Red Dot for $32 and I love it.

As for scopes, just today I bought a BSA 4x scope for $25 and mounts for $10 at Wal-Mart. Again, I love it and it will make my 995 much more accurate at 50 yards.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts