Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a friend who wants to purchase rifle scope for semi automatic 7.6 x 51 rifle. They want an illuminated/passive reticule on the scope. 3.5 to 5 fixed power or a variable power scope that could go from 3 to 7 power magnification. Price limit is very close to $120. Is this rifle scope the best bang for their money?

They also know they will likely have to invest in some quality scope rings as the rings that come with this scope are not very good quality.

Barska AC10634 Contour 3-9x power 42 millimeter Obj 36.7-12.5 ft at 100 yards Field of View 1" Tube Dia Black Matte Illuminated 4A Mil-Plex

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
I have a friend who wants to purchase rifle scope for semi automatic 7.6 x 51 rifle. They want an illuminated/passive reticule on the scope. 3.5 to 5 fixed power or a variable power scope that could go from 3 to 7 power magnification. Price limit is very close to $120. Is this rifle scope the best bang for their money?

They also know they will likely have to invest in some quality scope rings as the rings that come with this scope are not very good quality.

Barska AC10634 Contour 3-9x power 42 millimeter Obj 36.7-12.5 ft at 100 yards Field of View 1" Tube Dia Black Matte Illuminated 4A Mil-Plex
You do know that one is recommended for crossbows, pistols, and shotguns. Right?

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
For low priced scopes, I would look at Center Point scopes. I have 5 on various AR's and have had for at least 5 years.
Never one problem with one. Used on 350 Legend, 7.72x39, and various .223/5.56. Here is where I buy mine. Usually have what I may want in the store to look at. Or, I order online.

Obviously, he isn't going to do any precision target shooting. Otherwise, he would be buying a scope that costs as much or more than his rifle.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The eye relief would work with a rifle if it works on a shotgun correct?
They are not expecting great accuracy with the scope beyond around 225 yards either.

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
The eye relief would work with a rifle if it works on a shotgun correct?
They are not expecting great accuracy with the scope beyond around 225 yards either.
That one is a long eye relief. It would have to mount further forward than normal. Like a Red Dot mounts.
Personally, I wouldn't do it. But if he wants to, OK I guess.
For his use, why not a good 2 MOA Red Dot? Or, a conventional scope like most use.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm. Having to mount to scope further forward might be a deal breaker. Perhaps flip up iron sights would be a good back up to a regular scope. Illuminated reticule will likely raise the price of the scope at least $150?

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: OldOutlaw and ajole

·
Premium Member
36,314 Posts
That’s a good cheap scope that hits all his points.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They ordered the CenterPoint Riflescope model LR273RG2. I will let you know if it turns out to be decent. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
They ordered the CenterPoint Riflescope model LR273RG2. I will let you know if it turns out to be decent. Thanks for the input.
CenterPoints have been good to me. That one is better than what he was looking at.
Hope he didn't order it from the link you showed!!!!!! BIG price difference!

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh well. I doubt he will be disappointed with the scope if it holds a zero. $100 for an okay quality rifle scope is not bad at all.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He showed me his scope that he got in the mail. It looks better than I thought it would. After Christmas he will mount it to his rifle and try to zero it at 100 yards. Thanks for the input!

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Look for a NcStar scope

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The person who bought the scope also purchased some $68 scope rings because the rings that came with the scope were terrible for that scope. Today he showed me his target. He zeroed it to 75 yards. He feels it will be a decent scope out to around 225 yards. Not bad for a $168 scope.

Thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts