Best bang for your buck. 1911

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by handcannon, Jun 16, 2015.

1. handcannon

handcannon Member

Was thinking about getting a 1911 in the next 6 months or so. So far I'm leaning toward a ria from rual king. It's pretty cheap and haven't heard many bad things about them but just wanted to see what some of you 1911 guys opinion was. Is there any other brands that are comparible in price, reliability, or slight differences in design, maybe other ones feel better? Heard some conflicting stuff about how the beaver tail is different on other models. Lol I no its a lot of questions just want to make sure I don't regret the one I get later down the road thanks in advanced for the helpful info.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    For the money, as a shooter, you won't do any better.

If you want art, or a logo, or some upper crust features that don't affect normal use, like flared mag wells or de-horned super carry packages with night sights and titanium firing pins, then you need to go upmarket.:p

3. Walker

Walker Member

RIA
    These get my vote.
    No problem with mine. They are just shooters- plain and simple

4. SWO1

SWO1 Member

I have the .45 tac and its great. Also the .38 super Govt Model. Friends have Colts, Kinbers and they are just as good. Not as flashy but work like a 1911 should. RIA has the best out of the box trigger of all. Citadel is a little more $$ and some cosmetic differences but made by RIA as well.

5. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

What ajole said,, I have 2 RIA's and a Tisas I got from Bud's, pleased with all of them.

And if you think you need all the bells, like a magwell, ext. mag. release, ext. slide release, or ext. thumb safety, those make nice birthday, anniversary, and christmas presents your family can produce.

And if you need a horse logo, or other on your grips, you can buy those to.

6. handcannon

handcannon Member

Thanks for the fast replies. Also say you had a round chambered and dropped it can It go off? I ask this cause I've never owned a pistol with a a external hammer

7. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

An AD is a probability in any firearm that has chambered round. I have carried a full size 1911 for about 30 years, and I am shamed to say that I have dropped them a couple times, without an AD.
    With the new series 80 1911's I would say the probability is closer to zero.

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

I have had nothing but great things to say about the Taurus PT1911. Very well balanced, excellent shooter, great price and the finish of both the blued and the stainless models are top notch.

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I've shopped around for about a year and finally found a Para 12-45 that I'm reaaaaaly happy with.
    Not cheap though but 12+1 garbage cans of [email protected] in a handy package

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1434500212.824901.jpg

10. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I've got a RIA and a Tisas. They are both meat and potato guns, nothing fancy. But they both shoot great without needing a loan to purchase one. You'll be happy with either.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

RIA 1911 is a good gun $389

Attached Files:

12. Fracman

Fracman Member

If it is not a Colt it is just a copy

13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

So now that Colt is bankrupt now what are you going to do :-D

14. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I have the ria 1911 .22tcm/9mm combo. Mine is the full size A2 double stack. 17 rds of 9mm or .22tcm. This is my first 1911. Not as pretty as some, but the quality is definitely there.
    RIA is the largest producer of 1911's in the world. .22tcm is exclusive to ria/armscor. And is a great rnd.
    I also just bought an ATI (Tisas) HP9. Not a 1911, but a Browning High Power clone. This thing is amazing so far. The only bad thing is it only came with one 18 rd mag, and it appears they are not that easy to find.
    Come to think of it, my 1911 only came with one mag. Oh well, if you can't get it done with 17 or 18 rds you might as well give it up.
    Btw, the .22tcm is a real flame thrower!

Attached Files: