Best CC holster for JHP 45

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by TheJudge6070, Feb 14, 2017.

1. TheJudge6070

TheJudge6070 Member

Just wondering what people are using.

Im tall. 260-270 lbs. Gun is really not bad heavy to me.

Any suggestions on holster?

2. Wooddogg

Wooddogg Member

....i got one of those belly bands...theyre sweet and allow you to carry in a variety of positions.....look on ebay for belly bands to fit hi-points....good luck....

3. expectmy1911

expectmy1911 Member

I gave up on concealing my JHP, but I also never tried that belly band and weigh about 180 before I hit the sh*tter. The Cytech active retention paddle holster does me pretty well, with 360 degree adjustable cant. Doesn't hold so close to the body, but it is concealable in winter for sure haha

4. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

I tried most things. They will carry under a shoulder, but no matter what I've tried some printing will occur. But this is true of all full size guns I've built shoulder rigs for. I made an IWB that worked as well as it could for such a large gun. But I don't like that style of carry with anything full size. Printing is not an issue here and I've settled on shoulder carry with a vest for concealment. I carry only full size guns and it is a challenge. I'm not sure I could do it in a hot climate where printing is illegal.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

My first Alien Gear Holster was for my JHP! It can be done! IIRC it will also fit the C9(?) I would get the cheap all leather model because of the weight.

6. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

The only holster I had for the JHP, was one made from Kydex by Galco. Forget trying to hide that gun, unless you were wearing a long winter coat, but the holster worked well.

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:thejudge6070!!!

No input for CC'ing a JHP, unless you want a shoulder rig!
    GTG for larger handguns, like my EAA Witness Hunter ;)
    [​IMG]

:welcome:expectmy1911!!!

Again, Shoulder Rig! :D

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I have found a truck works well.

PastorParadox likes this.
  9. TNTRAILERTRASH

T-shirt, unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt. Winter time unbuttoned denim shirt. ;)

10. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    'bout need a backpack for the jhp.

11. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I would suggest something like this. They'll just think you're doing construction work. :D

[​IMG]

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

13. PastorParadox

PastorParadox Member

Iowa

I have been looking for a holster for my JHP and we are a similar size. I am leaning toward an Urban carry G2. Any thoughts on the G2?

14. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

I doubt that style hokster will work well with the size of the JHP.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  15. TNTRAILERTRASH

That a big chunk to stuff down you pants. Alien Gear used to sell a IWB kydex holster. I have one. You can conceal a JHP, but why? 9+1 of .45. It's a lot of work. A real pain in the ass. If you can carry outside the waist band your choices are better. You will need to dress accordingly. Last time I carried a JHP I did open carry. Even a Glock 21 .45 with 13+1 is smaller/lighter than a JHP. A good gun belt $80 or so+ suspenders? I would look for something smaller.

planosteve likes this.
  16. TNTRAILERTRASH

Glock 21 vs JHP. I laid a C9 on top of the JHP for a comparison. IMG_20180427_220005.jpg IMG_20180427_215952.jpg IMG_20180427_220359.jpg IMG_20180427_220422.jpg

17. PastorParadox

PastorParadox Member

Iowa
    Why carry a JHP? Because it is what I have. Would I get a smaller gun? I hope too but it will be a while.

Any experiences with Versacarry?

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

I get that.

Versa carry is for smaller/lighter guns. Not a good idea in my opinion if you carry with a loaded chamber. You have an obstruction in the barrel. My first holster for the JHP was $12. It did OWB, IWB, and did left or right. I bought it at the local gun store.

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/proddetail.php?prod=HP-45ACP-011
    [​IMG]

eldarbeast and PastorParadox like this.