Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my .40 and am exploring options for CC. I'm large framed, 6'2'' about 280ish with a gut. Under the gut seems to make the most sense no? I looked at the clip draw, but I didn't have confidence in having that much of my gun exposed in my pants (safety's being disengaged etc.) price was right however.....I've discovered the smartcarry ( http://www.smartcarry.com/products.html ) and seems like a good option, anyone have any experience with it? or can offer me further insight for CC? I thought about different locations on my back/side but it seems like 12 o clock would be the most secure and comfortable though it may sacrifice ease of draw...

anyone? thanks.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Well, I'm medium framed, 5'11" about 230ish with a gut. I could be a smaller version of you. I have a SmartCarry and use it for sweat pants or when I'm sitting around the house in my pajama pants. I have a Taurus .38 that I've carried at about 12:30 - 1:00 position (just right of my zipper) and found it bearable. My Bersa9 I can't carry that way. I've found the most comfortable position to be in an IWB holster around the 3:00 - 3:30 position. The only problem I have now is sometimes the butt of my 9 will bump on fast food booths when we're out.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
...I looked at the clip draw, but I didn't have confidence in having that much of my gun exposed in my pants (safety's being disengaged etc.) price was right however.....
It's all a matter of personal preference. I happen to like the Clip-Draw. You don't realy think any holster will stop a bullet? The exposed metal can just be a little cold, but it lets you know it's there.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
i'm interested in the clip draw as well. does anyone have one or have any pics?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...I looked at the clip draw, but I didn't have confidence in having that much of my gun exposed in my pants (safety's being disengaged etc.) price was right however.....
It's all a matter of personal preference. I happen to like the Clip-Draw. You don't realy think any holster will stop a bullet? The exposed metal can just be a little cold, but it lets you know it's there.
it's not so much a comfort thing, it's my worry that the safety or something will snag on clothing and get disengaged.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm medium framed, 5'11" about 230ish with a gut. I could be a smaller version of you. I have a SmartCarry and use it for sweat pants or when I'm sitting around the house in my pajama pants. I have a Taurus .38 that I've carried at about 12:30 - 1:00 position (just right of my zipper) and found it bearable. My Bersa9 I can't carry that way. I've found the most comfortable position to be in an IWB holster around the 3:00 - 3:30 position. The only problem I have now is sometimes the butt of my 9 will bump on fast food booths when we're out.
hm, yeah, I need to figure out clothing that would work too, my shirts usually dont go much past my beltline...and I cant exactly wear jackets all the time....and I dont like carrying it in a bag or something because what if the bag get's snagged? and it's not exactly easy to get to.....AGH!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IWB?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
IWB - inside waist band holster. as long as your shirt doesn't go ABOVE the top of your pants, all anyone might see is the clips/straps and that usually doesn't bring attention. Many folks also wear an open button up shirt over top to help.

Depends on your style and comfort. You may want to look into belly bands and vests too. There are some pretty cool vests out there designed for carry.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IWB - inside waist band holster. as long as your shirt doesn't go ABOVE the top of your pants, all anyone might see is the clips/straps and that usually doesn't bring attention. Many folks also wear an open button up shirt over top to help.

Depends on your style and comfort. You may want to look into belly bands and vests too. There are some pretty cool vests out there designed for carry.
I think im going to give the SMARTCARRY a shot. I'll be sure to let you know how it works out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts