Best OWB holster for CC

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by ChadB, Oct 14, 2020.

1. ChadB

ChadB Member

Hi Guys,
    I've tried carrying my C9 IWB a bit with a couple different holsters, but just can't find the comfort that will work for all day carry.
    I'm thinking of trying an OWB holster, but I still want one that is as concealable as can be.
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks!

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

That’s going to be difficult to find as none of the HP’s really lend themselves well for concealed carry.
    Unless you wear jackets or very loose fitting over shirts.
    Not that many make HP specific holsters either it’s more generic stuff whatever will fit.
    Makes it less then optimal.
    Which IWB have you tried ?
    Some here have been very happy with the Alien IWB.

3. ChadB

ChadB Member

SWAGA,
    Thank you! I do understand that the limitations of the c9's size. That is the main reason that IWB has been uncomfortable. I've tried a couple of the single clip IWB's but not a larger double clip like the Alien Gear.
    Right now I'm mainly looking for an OWB holster that will hold it as close as possible to my body. Since it's winter now in the northwest, I'll be wearing jackets and flannels so it should be a bit easier to cover up. Also, CC and OC are legal here in Idaho.
    Thank you!

4. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

You need to check out the Fobus paddle holsters. They are simple for the Hi Point wares, but they "snap" in tight. The good think about their paddle holsters, is that the weight is supported well by the paddle, that rests on your hip. I bought one a few years ago for my C9 & CF380, and have never had a problem with concealment. Mine also has a slight inward cant to it, where the grip is angled in towards your body, and not bent outward and all floppy. Prices are good too. Make sure you don't skimp on your belt...this is just as important as your holster.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Once upon a time in annals of HP history, there was a holster....

[​IMG]

And one for the JCP too.

[​IMG]

6. "Best" is subjective. That said, I own 3 Paul Vitigliano (www.holsterpro.com) custom leather OWB belt clip holsters that work perfectly for me. He makes them gun specific so you would have to contact him to find out if he makes a HP specific holster. He can make them in black, brown, tooled or untooled, IWB, OWB clip or belt. He is a bit pricey but well within reason for a gun specific custom holster. Good Luck!

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

fatal-bert33 and SWAGA like this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

You can actually stuff a JHP in there too. Can provide pic tonight if needed.

9. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

I
    I have the same one for a 9mm. It works good !!