Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first thread so excuse any newb mistakes. But I have the 9mm carbine and it came with that aim sports 4x32 scope, and it just wouldnt hold zero. So im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on a good scope for casual shooting from 50 to 100 yds

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow that is seriously nice. I just was at the range today and a guy with an ar had a similar setup I loved it. So if u dont mind me askin how much did that setup run you and who makes the magnifier?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey everyone, this is my first thread so excuse any newb mistakes. But I have the 9mm carbine and it came with that aim sports 4x32 scope, and it just wouldnt hold zero. So im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on a good scope for casual shooting from 50 to 100 yds
Hi Mosser. I have the 40S&W carbine. I grew up with open sight guns and just love the stock sights on my carbine. They're very accurate. I can easily keep all shots on a pie plate at 50 yards. I figure these pistol caliber carbines are 50 to 75 yard guns. A scope just adds unnecessary weight and bulk. But that's just my opinion. To each his own. Rather than a bulky scope, a cheepie $30 red rot sight from WalMart might be better. Nice thing about buying from WalMart is you can always take it back.

Happy shooting and always be safe

Don <><

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I completely agree with you. Im using the iron sights.currently but I find myself being more of a precision shooter I guess. I love my longe range bolt actions I have and I know this is no long "ranger" and with the irons I just cant shoot quite like I want to. But I can hit steel with quite a nice bang at 100 yds. So I just wanted something with a little magnification that will hold a zero and last.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
1st question to answer is WHY won't it hold zero...? Is it an issue with the scope, the mount, the rings, or the gun itself.... ? If the scope is the problem then I suppose you should ask yourself what type of shooting you want to do with your carbine.. 100 yards or so is about the limit when it comes to effective range for a 9mm.. yes they will shoot a great deal further... I have a open reflex sight on mine.. its main use is home defense where the vast majority of shots are less then 40 feet... I just picked up another this weekend and I will be mounting a 1.5x to 5x adjustable for longer distances...

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
If you have the compensator on your gun, pull it off and try to sight it in. We played heck with a buddies with the same issue, then we pulled the comp off and where able to sighted... The comps are easy to off set and shave the bullet when you shoot...

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Where did you get these two pieces? I am moving away from the scope I have, its overkill for this gun, centre point, red n green lit, giant scope.....I need to know where you got these??
Only 5 years too late....

Try Amazon, or any decent sporting goods store. I saw some by Eotech that were only $300 this weekend...

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Where did you get these two pieces? I am moving away from the scope I have, its overkill for this gun, centre point, red n green lit, giant scope.....I need to know where you got these??
Welcome to the insane asylum, Steven.
Unfortunately iwanicki2112 hasn't been seen here since April 2013, so you might be out of luck getting a reply from him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have the compensator on your gun, pull it off and try to sight it in. We played heck with a buddies with the same issue, then we pulled the comp off and where able to sighted... The comps are easy to off set and shave the bullet when you shoot...
How about a set up to shoot 50 and 100 yards? This is my 995 with a holographic and 3x magnifier.

View attachment 6697

Try Amazon, or any decent sporting goods store. I saw some by Eotech that were only $300 this weekend...
Welcome to the insane asylum, Steven.
Unfortunately iwanicki2112 hasn't been seen here since April 2013, so you might be out of luck getting a reply from him.
I see that now......no problem, I found a new setup I may try, just removed the laser and put it on my 9mm taurus PT 24/7 PRO DS...took the scope off, probably gonna sell it, or swap it.......make some of my money back...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see that now......no problem, I found a new setup I may try, just removed the laser and put it on my 9mm taurus PT 24/7 PRO DS...took the scope off, probably gonna sell it, or swap it.......make some of my money back...
It has shot to the left since I got it for some reason, now its not......weird...probably just my rail setup(I was too excited when putting the add-ons on)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
It has shot to the left since I got it for some reason, now its not......weird...probably just my rail setup(I was too excited when putting the add-ons on)
Some of the cheap scope rings and mounts are not quite centered relative to the rail. Add in the possibility of rail misalignment and tolerance stacking, and possibly twisted receiver cover, and you get something thats not aligned as close as can be. If it were just the irons and it shot to the left of point of aim through irons, then it would be either a canted front sight, or the user's eyes. But you say it was always like this with the scope on it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello folks, I am a newbie to Highpoint arms but am by no way new to firearms. Bought a 995TS from Academy a couple weeks ago. I can't see as well as I used to so I started looking for a red dot that would co-witness. The one that Highpoint recommends will not fit without changing the rail, but I ran up on a Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot that fit in the limited space and sat directly on the rail and zero co-witnessed without any risers. Hope this information is helpful. Happy Shooting!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Perfect! I already had the TRS-25 on my turkey gun. I just removed the rear iron sight and used quick detach (which was on the turkey gun) mount and done.
Thanks for the post Mike Mc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello folks, I am a newbie to Highpoint arms but am by no way new to firearms. Bought a 995TS from Academy a couple weeks ago. I can't see as well as I used to so I started looking for a red dot that would co-witness. The one that Highpoint recommends will not fit without changing the rail, but I ran up on a Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot that fit in the limited space and sat directly on the rail and zero co-witnessed without any risers. Hope this information is helpful. Happy Shooting!
New 995TS owner! On the Bushnell TRS-25 did you place in front of the rear sight or remove? Seems like it would be too far forward in front but have not purchased to try it yet. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts