Best Scope for 9mm Carbine

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by vvllbs, May 7, 2015.

1. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

I'm thinking bout using a LER (pistol) scope for scout configuration

2. hp995tsfg

hp995tsfg Member

Long Eye Relief, yep-r I had to look it up. The trigger pull is so bad on these rifles, I don't see how a scope is much use. I tried a 3x9 and it was ok at 50 yards, but my 3 MOA red dot was almost as good at 1x, easier to use too and light. I will stay tuned, maybe the pistol scope you are after might work better than the rifle scope I recently tried.

3. aztlan

aztlan Member

I can't decide what I like best.
    I already had both of these optics.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-P-223-3x32-Matte-Carbine/dp/B006Z07JTE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1431112530&sr=8-5keywords=m-223+nikon

Or this

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-TRS-25-Reticle-Riflescope/dp/B00200E0HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431112667&sr=8-1&keywords=Bushnell+red+dot

The Nikon scope is bright has a nice wide view. The Red dot is not as bright as the scope but it is fast to put on target.

Keep in mind the 995 is not a target rifle. Most combat AR15 rifles have 3, 4, or 6 power optics. For the 995 carbine 3 or 4 power should work just great.

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    For $60 get this firefield scope before the deal expires. LINK 2.5-10x40 with red laser!!

[​IMG]

5. jevers1

jevers1 Member

Scope for 995

I've had really good results from this little scope. It's an HQ (Sportsman's Guide) 2.5-10x40 Dual Illuminated Scope with Green Laser and QR Mount. I think it was right at $100.00.

Attached Files:

6. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

http://bushnell.com/hunting/rifle-scopes/banner/1-5-4-5x-32mm,-multi-x-reticle#

Here is what I ended up with on one my 995 classics. I tried the Ncstar 2-6x28 and hated it. The target at 2x magnification is smaller than with the naked eye, and it was hard to get dialed in. I love the Bushnell on this gun. It's bright and clear, easy to adjust and holds zero. My only problem is that I will need to get a LongShot Mfg. top rail upgrade so I can move the front scope ring forward one more notch. The factory rail on the classic is just a hair short to give me proper eye relief. With a TS stock this would not be an issue. I also have a TRS-25 on another 995 and can't say enough good things about it.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  7. rfd

rfd Member

so many truly great choices abound for cheap. my personal picks are .......

scope - bsa 2-7x32 mil dot ...
    [​IMG]

red dot - firefield agility 1x32 red/green ...
    [​IMG]

8. Back2School

Back2School Member

LOL I went to Mom and got the "factory" red dot.

9. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

I use the open sites and a red/green dot and happier than a pig in mud.

10. streaksf

streaksf Member

got same scope LOVE IT

Love it got same one

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

I use the version of this one without the built in laser. Works awesome.

12. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

I'll second that statement.