Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best state for concealed carry without any paperwork?

I heard Montana is considering allowing concealed without any necessary paperwork. I heard they are fighting for it right now.

I am aware Virginia has open carry for all for free with no paperwork.

On a second note, is there any State with no paperwork and cash and carry a handgun out of their state. I.e. I am in Virginia and I go to Texas and purchase 20 handguns and carry them home?

From what I know all states require you to transfer it to the FFL in your area which then in essence is putting you on the grid.

So, best state for Concealed? Open, and Purchases?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the great replies guys! I think the open carry site is great and answers most fo the questions.

Although do you know a state which will sell you a handgun with an out of state license and then carry it back to your state? I think any FFL may force you to do a transfer.

Meaning, if I were on vacation to a lower priced state I may be able to pick up a handgun ant a smaller type of inexpenseive shop and then carry it home with me. I know in VA. we have the gun show loophole, which is not a loophole of the gunshow itself, but allows private citizens to sell to each other.

Meaning if you are in a smal general store / hardware store, perhaps the employee will sell it to you person to person, but perhaps if they have an official FFL license they agree to treat all transactions as official and will not.

Basically, have any of oyu travelled out of state and purchased a HANDGUN. Not shotgun, not rifle?.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.