Best States for Gun Owners 2014

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by GoesBang, May 27, 2014.

1. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

2. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

I live in KY and we're ranked at #5.

3. I think the findings are not quite right. South Carolina above North Carolina, New Mexico above Washington State. It seems the results leaned more towards concealed carry friendly as opposed to actually gun friendly.

4. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

I'm in Kansas and we dropped a spot down to #9. What's up with Idaho clear down at 30?

5. Florida was also up high, though they only allow one type of carry, and have mandatory sentencing for crimes involving guns. Seems Vermont should have been number 1.

6. Back2School

Back2School Member

Like one of the posters said, Kansas SHOULD be higher than 9.

With all the laws we passed this last year (like leading the charge on the nullification law) we should have been ranked higher.

Edit - deleted this cause I figured it out on my own. I is smarts like that sometimes

Same with misc

7. IBCW

IBCW Member Member

Alabama at #12...kinda surprised that we aren't a bit higher...but I'll take it.

8. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

I agree with Vermont and my NH is way down:cool:

9. KY here.... least were in the top 5 of something other than basketball.

10. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

11. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I couldn't believe what they ranked Idaho at. Especially when they stated this.....

12. bluebone

firm up those self-defense laws and they could prolly make a huge jump.

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yeah, come on Hermitt, you guys could be up here at #4, like Utah!
    If our spineless governor had signed constitutional carry, we'd probably be #1.:rolleyes:

14. mawguy

mawguy Sheep Dog Member

Notice the relation between population density in a state, and whether they have restrictive gun laws.

In Kansas and other low density states, we think nothing about a 50-100 mile trip. Back east, that is a vacation. Lots of folks on the coastal metroplexes never go more than 20 miles from their homes.

Sheep believe in the safety of numbers. They know that the wolf will kill once in a while, but that the wolf never kills everyone.

15. bluebone

And then you have Nebraska which throws that off.

16. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Isn't that what really matters? They're right though. No suppressors is BS and when it comes to traveling West or South with firearms, we're pretty screwed. We're surrounded by Nanny Central.

17. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

New Jersey #49 ?

I live in NJ and find no reason why , at least in my mind it is rated #49.
    I applied for my NJ firearms purchase permit with two handgun permits and received them in less then 6 weeks the restrictions are about the same as other states i.e.. mag capacity's, AR fixed stock, no muzzle brakes etc.
    Any other restrictions don't apply to me anyway

18. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    And you wonder why you're #49?

edit:

BTW, here's my permit.

[​IMG]

And I could purchase this.

[​IMG]

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That is sarcasm, right?

Handgun permits? As cicpup is saying the only limit on my handguns is the dollars I'm willing to part with. We don't need a permit, we have a RIGHT. If I decide I want 5 handguns today, I could have them in 35 minutes, and 30 of that is drive time.

Restrictions? Mag capacity only applies to actual hunting, AR stocks are whatever you want, muzzle brakes are fine and silencers are too with proper Fed paperwork. One of my LGS has 6 cans sitting in their display case to help you choose which one to file paper for, and no one has fainted or gotten sniped by them yet.:cool:

Honestly, do you not realize how utterly ridiculous your states laws are?

20. bluebone

^like he said. the only holdup here is the 3-4 minutes it takes to run the background check. then you're out the door with your new bang stick.