Better get it while you can...

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by LongShotMfg, Aug 8, 2014.

1. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Our eBay account just got slammed with a 30 Day+ suspension of our selling privileges. That's 30 Days MINIMUM. They are "allowing" our current listings to finish out their listing time periods, but are not going to let us re-list ANYTHING until our selling privileges are restored. So, if you have been following any of our listings but you are waiting until the last minute to buy it, well, right now is sort of the last minute. Most of our listings end in the next 26 hours or so, and the longest of them ends in 4 days. It is going to be a tough 30 days after that.

This is an ongoing issue and we have been fighting with them for quite a while, but it doesn't appear that we are getting anywhere with it. There is also a chance that after our selling privileges are restored that they may fully close our seller account. Should that happen, we will become dependent on generating all our sales thru our company website. We will begin advertising here on the HP forum soon, so as to keep our name out there in front of prospective buyers, but continued selling our products on eBay may be coming to an end if they get their way...and it appears that they will. Guess we better get off our butts and finish updating our website.

Like I said, time is short for our currently running listings, so if you really want it, you had better buy it while you can still find it.
    j.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Any reason why as there are a million gun parts on eBay?

3. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Yes, they abide by the laws of California because eBay is headquartered there. In California, HP carbines are classified as Assault Rifles. HP is big-time on the list of banned items on eBay. They randomly monitor their sellers and their listings. We have probably been in their face a few too many times. EBay is a supremely arrogant corporate giant.
    j.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Meg Whitman is just an old money grubbing crunt that wants to be a crony capitalist. Proven time and time again. I need to pay of my BML and suspend THEIR loaning privileges to ME. lol

PayPal was so much better before FeeBay bought it!

5. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

We have been selling on eBay for 14 years. This is our 3rd seller acct due to THEIR screwing up our past accounts. They have made money from us, yet not once have they ever done anything to support us as one of their customers. Not one time. If it comes to the point of them permanently shutting down our selling privileges, we will fire them first. That'll show them! Yeah, right....

6. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

Sounds like it's time to move to Gunbroker or another auction site.. How about Etsy?

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    eBay is a liberal run anti-gun and anti-a lot of other things, website. I use to sell mags and gun parts but quit after getting a couple warnings. Not only does eBay periodically revue questionable sellers, other members can report listings as a violation of eBay's prohibited items.

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

who uses e bay anymore these days?

9. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

At least a couple hundred people.

10. RobbK

RobbK Member

Have you looked in to amazon instead? No idea what they cost but they do not seam to mind selling gun parts.

11. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

No, I haven't yet. The biggest issue is, that we need to be in the places where people are actually shopping. Most people know that eBay is not the place for bargains anymore. However, most people still go to eBay because it is One-Stop-Shopping and they can FIND things there. Other online buying sources may have better pricing, but actually finding the item you are looking for can be daunting. It is always easy to find stuff on eBay. Also, eBay is like an ever-changing catalog....maybe today the item you are looking for is not listed, but maybe TOMORROW it will be,....and maybe the next day there will be several listings....it is the allure of "constant possibilities" that makes eBay so attractive.
    j.

12. cktvt

cktvt Member

Sell on Armslist - lotsa dealers and vendors do. F*** ebay.

13. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

I am gonna checkout the suggestions. Have already setup an acct at Gunbrokers.com. Next will check out the others that have been referred. Thanks!

14. bws

bws Member

That many?

15. bws

bws Member

Amazon a possibility?

16. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Maybe more....but I'm just guessing.... all those zeros confuse me.

17. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Gonna set up an acct and try it. Thanks!

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I never joined Epay as I have seen way too many people ***** about their PayPal crap.

19. bluharley

bluharley Member

I shop Fleabay, razor blades, printer ink, stuff like that. Never had a problem with PayPal. I did buy this POS computer off Fleabay, my fault though.

20. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Buying AND Selling on eBay is "like a box of chocolates,..."