Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worst people I've EVER dealt with! I'm going on 78 days and have got nothing but a run around! I called about 2 weeks ago and was told I'd have my refund in 2-3 days. Right! Be forewarned.

Here's the short version:
* I ordered 2 Walther 7rnd mags on May 24th. Their invoice did not indicate anything about backorder.
* On June 17th I agreed to swap for 8rnd mags and was told they'd ship in 2-3 days.
* June 25th I requested a refund, paid in 10 days.
* I'm still, 2 months after the order, haven't been refunded.

I've got all the emails and below my signature line I've cut and pasted them if of any interest to you.

Thanks!!!!!
Craig

CustomerID# 15774

Thank you for your order. Your order number is 18452, placed 5/24/2009 at 11:30AM.
Hello Craig,
I have changed the order over to the 8rnd magazines. These should ship out within the next 2-3 days, and we will send an e-mail to let you know.
Sorry, but I'm at the point that I want to cancel and get a refund on this order please.

Please let me know how to proceed. It's been over a month and the mags are readily available locally.

Thanks, sorry and regards,
Craig
Craig,

We have canceled you order. We will refund your card the full purchase price. It will be refunded to the card within 10 business days. The credit card company will then post the refund, usually within 24 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
(July 17th) This is past the point of ridiculous.

1st you don't tell me the original items were backordered. Then I'm told I can swap them for a different mag on June 17th
Hello Craig,
I have changed the order over to the 8rnd magazines. These should ship out within the next 2-3 days, and we will send an e-mail to let you know.

Those never shipped and I've been getting the run-around on a refund. It's been 2 months!!!!!!!

Please fix this today!!!

Craig

(July 20th!!!)
Hello Craig,

Your refund has been processed. This should have been done previously, but may not have been completed due to technical difficulty , as we changed processors June 1,2009. I will let the accounting department you have not received this credit. They will in turn investigate it and get this resolved for you.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me via email or by calling 1-865-922-1831.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

We appreciate your business.

Elizabeth Beverly
Customer Service
Tactical Gun Armory

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
First of all, I see you used a credit card. The moment you wanted to cancel, and not rcvd. results, you should have just called the credit card company and filed a claim to have your card reimbursed for the charges.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Still can.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yes, I agree. Just call the CC company. It's easy, I just did it for a double dip from a local business. It was easy.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
My credit card won't cancel charges if they are further than 50 miles from my zip code. Hopefully his isn't that way, but some are apparently. I freaking hate dealing with refunds from online companies. They should pay you interest on the time it takes for them to get it to you.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
Wish I had seen this post before I ordered from them! On 9/1/09, I ordered and paid for (and their email confirmed) 6ea HP 8 round (mm magazines, 4ea HP 10 round mags for 9mm carbine and 5 ea. Bulldog Dbl Mag Pouches. The same day, I ordered the same mags direct from HP. I got my direct order within 3 days. On 9/29/09, I called TGA and they said all items were on backorder. Called again on 10/13/09 and cancelled order. The said it would take 10-14 dats for credit to show on my credit card. Called 11-02 and was told Customer Service would contact Billing and I should get an email very soon. Called 11-06 and was told same thing about new CC processing agent, but she would get righton it. I wa going to place an order for other items on their web page, but everything I wanted was backordered. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
FWIW, when ordering from an unknown company I go with COD. Just to test them out.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
Wish I had seen this post before I ordered from them! On 9/1/09, I ordered and paid for (and their email confirmed) 6ea HP 8 round (mm magazines, 4ea HP 10 round mags for 9mm carbine and 5 ea. Bulldog Dbl Mag Pouches. The same day, I ordered the same mags direct from HP. I got my direct order within 3 days. On 9/29/09, I called TGA and they said all items were on backorder. Called again on 10/13/09 and cancelled order. The said it would take 10-14 dats for credit to show on my credit card. Called 11-02 and was told Customer Service would contact Billing and I should get an email very soon. Called 11-06 and was told same thing about new CC processing agent, but she would get righton it. I wa going to place an order for other items on their web page, but everything I wanted was backordered. CAVEAT EMPTOR!
Update: Called them again this afternoon and theur silence was deafening! I finally found some Ruger 10/22 mags and S&W Sigma mags they had in stock, so I ordered them as I figured I was not going to get satisfaction any other way.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've had issues with on-line companies in the past. I contact my debit card company, the office of consumer affairs in my state and that of the offending company, and the Better Business Bureau in the state the company resides or is incorporated in. It took less than five business days for my refund to be in the mail. The loud squeaky wheel gets the grease quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
I agree vt, normally I would have contacted my card company and placed a dispute and I have the tenacity to keep after my rights (just finished up a 4 year dispute with the Dept. of the Army and Defence Finance Accounting Service - and won!) but I thought I would give a company a chance to make good. That being said, if the order is not here when promised - I will go after them (in the proper manner).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts