Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know who out there has put a bi-pod on their carbine. What brand did you use and how did you go about attaching it to the stock? I just really do not want to mess up my baby. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :blink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I attached a bipod I got from Wally World, can't remember the brand, to my 995. It's rock solid and works great.

The plastic of the stock is too flimsy to just screw in a sling stud (I found out the hard way). So, I drilled a hole on the underside middle of the stock and found a Harris bipod adapter #5.

Then I mounted the adapter through the hole (had to open up the fore end and alter the inside of the stock first to make it fit, wasn't difficult).

And you're good to go, just attach the bipod to the stud. Rock solid: no twisting, shaking or loosening. Took about 30 minutes to install. The 4095 should be all that different from the 995.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all Thanks guys for your help. Secondly not to seem too dumb about this, I understand what thunderw21 is telling me about his, however I know my luck. If it can go wrong it WILL. I do not really want to try to modify the stock. (the it will thing :mad: ) but what you are talking about SW, I bought accessory rails planning on that route but when I looked at mounting one on the bottom you have the seam in the center of the stock. Where did you mount yours and how? The ncstar rails look like the ones I have. I am nervous about just the two little screws holding in the plastic stock. I had thought about using some sort of glue or cement to help hold it solid, but what if I need to take it apart?

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
First of all Thanks guys for your help. Secondly not to seem too dumb about this, I understand what thunderw21 is telling me about his, however I know my luck. If it can go wrong it WILL. I do not really want to try to modify the stock. (the it will thing :mad: ) but what you are talking about SW, I bought accessory rails planning on that route but when I looked at mounting one on the bottom you have the seam in the center of the stock. Where did you mount yours and how? The ncstar rails look like the ones I have. I am nervous about just the two little screws holding in the plastic stock. I had thought about using some sort of glue or cement to help hold it solid, but what if I need to take it apart?
I am going to mount a rail on the bottom of my 995 once I decide on which one. You will need something on the inside of the stock for support like the Harris adapter has. I purchased the adapter intending on going the Walmart pod mount myself untill I decided on wanting a laser there as well. I will use the adapter on the rear stock for sling attachment instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts