Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Claims are Biden is going to sign an executive order tomorrow outlawing gun kits and 80% lowers.

I thought it was always legal to build your own gun "from scratch."

Anyways he is also going to outlaw "concealable assault style weapons"

And force a mandatory transfer on all weapons with a background check with private sales, and possibly straight up hand off to your cousin.

Some of the article is here:
President Joe Biden will be signing an executive order on Thursday to ban “ghost guns,” a direct assault on the 2nd Amendment.

The executive order may also involve action against “assault” weapons but it is currently unclear at the moment if the order will involve this.

“President Joe Biden is expected to unveil a long-awaited package of executive actions to curb gun violence Thursday at the White House, according to four people familiar with the plan,” Politico reported on Wednesday. “Biden will direct the administration to begin the process of requiring buyers of so-called ghost guns — homemade or makeshift firearms that lack serial numbers — to undergo background checks, according to three people who have spoken to the White House about the plans. He is expected to be joined at the event by Attorney General Merrick Garland.”

Check out what the Daily Wire reported:

More than 100 Democrats signed a letter last week demanding that Biden take executive action on so-called “assault weapons” that are “concealable,” citing a gun control law authored to regulate the sale of machine guns, initially, in the mid-1930s, and updated in later decades to keep up with technology. The group argued that the measure allows Biden to move on banning such firearms without the approval or input of Congress, which is so evenly split, it is unlikely any assault weapons ban would pass.

Biden, Politico notes, is expected to push back on the possibility of executive action beyond merely regulating “ghost guns,” and tossing the difficult subject of gun control back to House and Senate Democrats, particularly measures expanding federal background checks and curbing the sale of both assault weapons and “high-capacity magazines.”

“In response to criticism from gun control advocacy groups that his administration has moved too slowly on executive actions, the Biden White House has responded that legislative fixes are a priority,” Politico added. “Biden is likely to make the same point on Thursday, in addition to expressing support for bills to expand background checks and close the so-called Charleston loophole that allows a gun to be transferred from licensed gun dealers before a completed background check. He also is likely to push for legislation to keep guns away from people believed to be a danger to themselves or others, as well as a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.”

It might be time to get off you wallet every week and start donating to FPC, GOA, and the 2AF.

Also time to get ideas on what to do on a more personal level.

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
So you need ID to buy a gun, but not to vote.

Screw this crap.

·
Premium Member
21,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you need ID to buy a gun, but not to vote.

Screw this crap.
And get a c0vid shot.

We'll see what he's going to roll out and sign.

Reactions: ajole

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
C'mon is anybody surprised by this? Junkhead-Joe and Cameltoe have been spouting gun "control" their entire political lives. And the Dumpster demonstrated to Junkhead what could be done via executive order.

Reactions: Bill whitney

·
Premium Member
21,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
C'mon is anybody surprised by this?
Let the fray begin. Night before last someone was tripling your donation to the FPC in honor of what Bloomie was doing with Everytown. I donated $25. I am hitting the GOA tonight.

·
Premium Member
21,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe tomorrow. Biden Confirms He'll Make Announcement on Gun Control This Week

There is more than what I pasted here,

President Joe Biden said he’ll make an announcement on his upcoming gun control plan on Friday, coming after reports that suggested he would sign an executive order on guns in the near future.

When asked about reports saying he would take executive action soon, Biden responded in saying he would talk about his plan for gun control “the day after tomorrow.” It’s not clear if he will sign an executive order.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Biden responded in saying he would talk about his plan for gun control “the day after tomorrow.” It’s not clear if he will sign an executive order.
He will. Watch.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Also reported is that Biden is nominating for ATF Director, David Chipman... a person who has served 25 years with the ATF; and was heavily involved with the Waco thing... top advisor to Giffords group.

So. BOHICA.

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
Gun Owners of America is going to fight against this. Here is a statement released by them:

"Gun Owners of America is wholeheartedly opposed to the unconstitutional gun control threatened today by President Biden – restrictions such as the attacks on homemade and brace equipped firearms and so-called ‘Red Flag’ Gun Confiscation Orders. Joe Biden knows he cannot beat gun owners in Congress.

Instead, he’s circumventing the legislative process to impose his own tyrannical vison by executive fiat. Gun Owners of America is committed to the defense of gun owners, their pistol-braced firearms, do-it-yourself firearm kits, unserialized homemade firearms, as well as any other lawfully-purchased, constitutionally protected items the Biden Administration proposes to criminalize or confiscate.

Gun Owners of America grassroots members are primed and ready to fight back against whatever Second, Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendment violations Joe Biden is cooking up with his state-level so-called ‘Red Flag’ Gun Confiscation Order proposal."

Read more at: GOA to Fight Joe Biden’s Tyrannical Gun Control at Every Turn | GOA

Reactions: Visper and Rerun

·
Registered
677 Posts
I wouldn't say this is a 'direct assault' on the 2nd A as they know that that would be impossible. A 'direct assault' would imply that they introduced a bill to repeal the 2A. What they do is go about it surreptitiously by attacking the constructs that support the 2A. Bullets, kits, braces, parts, and the like. Also, by making it harder to purchase and own a gun. A matter of semantics, of course, but substantive in action. However, this is sure to be challenged in the courts as a President (to my legal understanding) does not have the authority to take such a panoptic action. Its like saying that the President doesn't like cars but he does not have the authority to ban them outright so he so he takes the universal action to ban the manufacture of transmissions. Lets wait and see how this pans out in the legal battle that is sure to ensue. In the mean time I urge everyone to buy as many kits, braces, bullets, and guns as they can find and afford.

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
And the Dumpster demonstrated to Junkhead what could be done via executive order.
BULL crap. Quit being a tool.

Obama wrote more than Trump. Admittedly, Obama had 8 years. And Clinton wrote even more in his 8 years.

But you want some REAL edumacation?

Woodrow Wilson wrote 1803. Teddy wrote 1081. FDR had a LOT of time, and he wrote 3,721. Truman wrote 907, and Eisenhower wrote 484. Kennedy wrote 214, and Johnson did 325, with Nixon writing 346.

Trump only wrote 220, so could you PLEASE stop echoing the media driven OBVIOUS agenda BS?

Biden is on pace to write over 800, assuming he stays in office for 4 years and keeps signing things his handlers shuffle across his desk. So no....Trump didn't demonstrate crap.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
BULL crap. Quit being a tool.

Obama wrote more than Trump. Admittedly, Obama had 8 years. And Clinton wrote even more in his 8 years.

But you want some REAL edumacation?

Woodrow Wilson wrote 1803. Teddy wrote 1081. FDR had a LOT of time, and he wrote 3,721. Truman wrote 907, and Eisenhower wrote 484. Kennedy wrote 214, and Johnson did 325, with Nixon writing 346.

Trump only wrote 220, so could you PLEASE stop echoing the media driven OBVIOUS agenda BS?

Biden is on pace to write over 800, assuming he stays in office for 4 years and keeps signing things his handlers shuffle across his desk. So no....Trump didn't demonstrate crap.
Sensitive much? How's the view from that high horse? Jokerjoe will do his utmost to undo everything that the Dumpster did -in spades. If he can't get gun "control" it through the libnut controlled House and Senate, he'll do it through executive order. And THAT was my point. Go piss on somebody else, I'm not in the mood.

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
Disrespectful much? My horse is just fine. The "Dumpster" was the best president we had for over two decades, and you're talking crap about him?
Sorry, but I'm past letting that kind of leftist inspired media driven fake reality BS fly without speaking up against it.

·
Premium Member
21,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't hear shit about anything today. I am off to youtUbe.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Sensitive much? How's the view from that high horse? Jokerjoe will do his utmost to undo everything that the Dumpster did -in spades. If he can't get gun "control" it through the libnut controlled House and Senate, he'll do it through executive order. And THAT was my point. Go piss on somebody else, I'm not in the mood.
It doesn't appear the HE's the one that's sensitive. Don't get your ruffles feathered.

Reactions: ajole

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Disrespectful much? My horse is just fine. The "Dumpster" was the best president we had for over two decades, and you're talking crap about him?
That may be true but he still earned being called out on the bumpstocks and "Take the guns first, go through due process second." Just because he might have been really good on some stuff doesn't mean he should get a pass on really bad stuff. Just like if Ly'n Joe does/says something good we should acknowledge that, such as when he admitted that he can't ban <cough> "Assault Weapons" by EO/EA.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
That may be true but he still earned being called out on the bumpstocks and "Take the guns first, go through due process second." Just because he might have been really good on some stuff doesn't mean he should get a pass on really bad stuff. Just like if Ly'n Joe does/says something good we should acknowledge that, such as when he admitted that he can't ban <cough> "Assault Weapons" by EO/EA.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
So call him out. No need to be a horse's patootie and push the leftist agenda by misinterpreting data and repeating lies, while doing it.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
Daily Wire is reporting the following from Governors of States on April 8th 2021:

Numerous governors immediately pushed back on Biden’s attack on Second Amendment rights and indicated that they will be taking action to protect their residents from Biden’s agenda.

“Biden is threatening our 2nd Amendment rights. He just announced a new liberal power grab to take away our guns,” Texas Governor Greg Abbott (Republican) wrote on Twitter. “We will NOT allow this in Texas. It’s time to get legislation making TX a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State passed and to my desk for signing.”

Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy (Republican) said that Biden’s actions “won’t save lives or stop criminals,” and would only “disarm law abiding citizens.”

“Alaska is a Second Amendment sanctuary state, and we will be evaluating our options,” Dunleavy said.

“I think it’s out of control and it’s obvious that they can’t get it through Congress and so he’s acting on his own,” Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds (Republican) said. “He’s doing it at a rapid speed. There has not been another president, I don’t think, in history that has implemented the number of Executive Orders that this president has implemented. And the hypocrisy of running as a uniter and a president that was going to bring both parties together and heal this country, he has done anything but that. He is continuing to divide the country and he’s doing it through these outlandish Executive Orders.”

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem (Republican) highlighted the portion of the Second Amendment that states “shall not be infringed,” writing: “Biden claims that his actions won’t infringe on the 2nd Amendment. That’s false.”

“Taking away guns with Red Flag laws is an infringement,” Noem continued. “Placing new limits on firearms sales is an infringement. Curbing ammo purchases is an infringement.”

Idaho Governor Brad Little (Republican) said that the state will be standing up for its residents’ Second Amendment rights.

“Idaho will not stand for President Biden’s unilateral actions to erode your Second Amendment rights,” Little said. “Idaho’s Congressional delegation and I are in lockstep in our opposition to the President’s actions and his direction to Congress to strip law-abiding Americans of their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.”

Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon (Republican) tweeted: “Wyoming is, has always been, and will continue to be a state where 2nd Amendment rights are recognized and protected.”

Read more at: Multiple Governors Signal They Won’t Put Up With Biden’s Second Amendment Attack: ‘Out Of Control’

Reactions: Visper and Rerun

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Gun Owners of America is going to fight against this. Here is a statement released by them:

"Gun Owners of America is wholeheartedly opposed to the unconstitutional gun control threatened today by President Biden – restrictions such as the attacks on homemade and brace equipped firearms and so-called ‘Red Flag’ Gun Confiscation Orders. Joe Biden knows he cannot beat gun owners in Congress.

Instead, he’s circumventing the legislative process to impose his own tyrannical vison by executive fiat. Gun Owners of America is committed to the defense of gun owners, their pistol-braced firearms, do-it-yourself firearm kits, unserialized homemade firearms, as well as any other lawfully-purchased, constitutionally protected items the Biden Administration proposes to criminalize or confiscate.

Gun Owners of America grassroots members are primed and ready to fight back against whatever Second, Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendment violations Joe Biden is cooking up with his state-level so-called ‘Red Flag’ Gun Confiscation Order proposal."

Read more at: GOA to Fight Joe Biden’s Tyrannical Gun Control at Every Turn | GOA
They're gonna need money to fight this in the courts. Monthly donations to all gun advocate groups are needed more than ever now.

2A Sanctuary states are also gearing up and writing new stuff as we speak to combat these illegal EOs.

Going to get very interesting in my opinion, unless everything in the US is just to far along to save... I refuse to believe that...

Reactions: 1024Megabytes
1 - 20 of 46 Posts