Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is used somewhere in the water industry but i dont know where! it's a big bladder new never used thats been sitting in my warehouse...looks wet because some rain water is on it and was folded up. dont know if it could be used for storing drinking water would probally taste rubbery but can hold it or what else you can think up but i figured it was too good to throw away! make me an offer...or trade for ammo. could be useful if bugging in...just dont know how though.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is used somewhere in the water industry but i dont know where! it's a big bladder new never used thats been sitting in my warehouse...looks wet because some rain water is on it and was folded up. dont know if it could be used for storing drinking water would probally taste rubbery but can hold it or what else you can think up but i figured it was too good to throw away! make me an offer...or trade for ammo. could be useful if bugging in...just dont know how though.
it was around 80x55

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just that big port on the front...I was gonna keep it but dont know what to do with it...im guessing someone would have to make a flange for thet port it's 10.5 inches around! I thought it would be fun to fill with sand...but then there would be a big old rubber sandy heavy thing here at work. i'm bettin it should go inside of something too. it's gotta be worth 100 rounds of 9mm and half the shipping costs though.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea...there were two...someone stole the bigger one, I would bet this thing would weigh a ton too! I dont know how well the seams would hold if it were fully fulled and not supported but I dont know, I had never seen one of these till the other day.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Interesting. I believe that would work for non-potable (not for drinking). We had something similar when I was in the military only they were 5000 gallon bladders.

Where are you located? About how much does it weigh so I can guestimate shipping cost? I am definitely interested.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Interesting. I believe that would work for non-potable (not for drinking). We had something similar when I was in the military only they were 5000 gallon bladders.

Where are you located? About how much does it weigh so I can guestimate shipping cost? I am definitely interested.
Acutally POL uses 5,000, 10,000, 100,000, 250,000 gallon bladders for fuel... In reality, that's a small one compared to what I work with in deployed locations, but it's pretty cool in it's own right. It'd make a hell of a solar shower, that's for sure. The entire family could shower with water left over for cooking/cleaning up.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
I'll have to see what fundage I can come up with. Radiator on the truck went out today. Can't fix it (split tank). That's $250 I did not plan on spending.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
As much as I would like to get it. I am afraid I am going to have to pass. We just got word today that my company lost our contract with General Motors. The new company MAY pick up SOME of the current employees but no guarantees. We also don't know yet when the new people are taking over. Time to start job hunting. 9+ years straight down the crapper.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts