Big enough for you?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by truck, Jan 11, 2018.

1. truck

truck Supporting Member

2. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

Betcha the voice over guy wears a banana hammock to the pool.

3. Grant

Grant Member

I had a Taurus in the 454 Casull for a while. It was a beast.

eldarbeast likes this.
  4. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I had a chance to shoot a 500sw... passed... I like my wrists intact and my carpal tunnel would not have liked me for weeks after!

eldarbeast and Pistolkitty like this.
  5. Jhow79

Jhow79 Supporting Member

Some of those are crazy, I had a chance to pick up a AMC .44 Automag last week but we just couldn't agree on a fair price.

undeRGRound and eldarbeast like this.
  6. eldarbeast

eldarbeast Supporting Member

My friend 'Jonnie' carried the .454 Casull in a shoulder rig under his left arm and reloads under his right arm.
    While he could have practiced shooting .45 LC, he never did.
    Always shot .454 loads.

eldar

undeRGRound likes this.
  7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Made in metric size. Assault weapon revolvers :rolleyes:

8. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

Geeze.... Size does matter, but then there's practical joke big....

undeRGRound likes this.
  9. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

44 automag mentioned by JHOW. I'd cheerfully part with a piece of my anatomy for one!

Story about the 44. When I was a rookie officer, we had a patrol Sargent who carried a 44 magnum. When Chief Schweda came aboard, he insisted everyone demonstrate they pass a standard shooting course with their duty weapon. So our Dirty Harry wannabe get's out there with the 44. In a 50 round course, he hit the target 4 times (I guess it would be safe to say the safest place was in front on the gun). He ended up having to carry a 357 like the rest of us. At least he could handle that.

Sorry to say, but the biggest pistol I've ever fired was a Colt 1909 chambered in 45 LC that I carried for years when I was with the Sheriff's Office. And like a moron I loaned it to my brother while I was in the Army, who left it in the sleeper of his semi, from which it was stolen.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  10. bscar

bscar Supporting Member