Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Biiiiiiiigggggg Bore Piggy Hunting attn:greg_r

2055 Views 20 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Quavodus
Hunting a piggy Texas Style...........with a 40mm cannon!

Reactions: 3
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Well...it starts with a 4, so it must be good.
That guy seems to be missing a few marbles.
Reactions: 1
It's the sulfur in the black powder. It's known in Californication to kill conservative brain cells. That, or he's found the holy hippy grail, the mother of all WEED!
Dog Bulldog Plant Dog breed Carnivore
See less See more
Reactions: 2
It's the sulfur in the black powder. It's known in Californication to kill conservative brain cells. That, or he's found the holy hippy grail, the mother of all WEED!
View attachment 55773
What's eating your leaves? Whiteflies?
I wonder what happened to the 1 1/2" one he shot the piggy with........... :p
'Xactly right, that's where the missing marble went!
wuss....all you really need is a sticker.

BTW, the GLOCK Field Knife does a great job as a sticker.
I am just amazed that the piggy ran so far after being shot with that cannon. One would think that it would be DRT!
I am just amazed that the piggy ran so far after being shot with that cannon. One would think that it would be DRT!
Hit too far back for a DRT. Hogs are tougher than most realize - even "domestic" porkers can be tough to drop sometimes. We did use a .22 to the head, but ...long story
Hit too far back for a DRT. Hogs are tougher than most realize - even "domestic" porkers can be tough to drop sometimes. We did use a .22 to the head, but ...long story
We (my dad and I)used a.22 also on our home grown piggies. Usually dropped in their tracks but not always. I sure do miss those days with my dad.
I've seen .22mag to the head point blank and have to flop around tied up in a truck bed and pop 'em again.
We (my dad and I)used a.22 also on our home grown piggies. Usually dropped in their tracks but not always. I sure do miss those days with my dad.
Know that feeling too. Lost mine in 08. Still have the memories.
That guy is walking around in Texas wilderness in pig territory without a rifle. That is not wise in my opinion.
Well....he DOES have a Glock, which is perfection, and it sounds like the 9 mm, which the FBI says is perfectly adequate...

....so he’s perfectly adequately safe.
I'd like to see a 20 millimeter or .50 BMG versus a wild Texas hog. I'd like to see what that would do.
.50 does what you think it will - kill the hog. 20mm is a waste of firepower on a target that small :machinegunner:

Here's yer .50, if you can stand the ???author???
Dad gum. I thought the .50 Browning Machine Gun round fired from a rifle would blow a hog in half. I was wrong. The hog did die quickly though and that was not surprising.
Well....he DOES have a Glock, which is perfection, and it sounds like the 9 mm, which the FBI says is perfectly adequate...

....so he's perfectly adequately safe.
Should have had a 10 millametaZ!
Dad gum. I thought the .50 Browning Machine Gun round fired from a rifle would blow a hog in half. I was wrong. The hog did die quickly though and that was not surprising.
Just think 45-70 with more velocity. And lots more weight. It's not magic....it's just power.
All that crap about blowing people up...just talk. Not that it won't remove parts of a body, and make things dead. Things like trucks....
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.