Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About what it says. I think its the CVT transmission this time. Went out at about 70 on the Loop 202. Was able to keep the bike steady. Got the coolest g/f in the whole world to pick my rear up in the Ranger and take me home for pizza.

Legal action to follow... it's going to be longer than 4 months I think before I get ANY bike back....

I'm ...yeah. Logging off for the night.

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
Dude, I can't believe the string of bad luck you've had throughout this whole ordeal. I probably would have snapped.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what i would say would violate the COC. good luck man.

SW
Believe it or not, that really helped :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
thank goodness you have bad luck man, cause if it werent for that you wouldnt have any luck at all :cantlook:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank goodness you have bad luck man, cause if it werent for that you wouldnt have any luck at all :cantlook:
I made it to the new job, and I have the best g/f in the whole world, especially after tonight!! I count that as some good luck. The rest we're just going to have to deal with.

I'm seriously thinking of just getting the bike managable and trying to beg the finance company to trade it in on ...*gulp* a BMW bike. Same cost about and with the economy being what it is right now, I need a bulletproof bike that has NO CHANCE of being down like an Italian bike. Love my wasps, but you can find BMW parts ANYWHERE in the world, and the labour rates are cheaper.

And, if you have ever seen "long way round" you know that any bike that can be dropped as many times as Ewan McGreggor did all across Russia and STILL ride to New York with only one service call can't be a bad commuter.

I'll restore a vintage one when the money gets better, but for right now I may just have to bite the bullet ....

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
What the hell dude?! If you get a BMW bike, I can't give you anymore shat about riding an Italian bike!!!! Damn it!

Just get a GSXR 1000 and get over it dude. :cantlook: :mad: :devilsidesmile: :'( :D ;)

G

·
That sucks dude: My truck, my backup, the always dependable, if slow '65 Chevy Pickup, failed on me today. Lots of corrosion from the intake: I could actually see inside the water channel below the thermostat housing. Taking the thermostat housing off, to hopefully JB it back and get back on the road: it was a timebomb in the makings. Well over one third of the supporting intake materiel was corroded away underneath the t-stat and housing. In a way, I am fortunate, to have the ability to notice things about this old crate (and the rest of the old crates I have) by noticing quickly something is wrong..., and jockeying for a better position to pull off while still be safe from the insane idiots who whiz by at 75mph. Long story short: I have to either use a intake on a engine I have regasketed for my Malibu: or buy one (hopefully) locally (same Edelbrock aluminum type)

Good times...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I think you're all missing the obvious.

The one thing that can bring down a German super bike is........ well......... it's bad luck. And THAT is something NEO has plenty of.

I'm starting to feel sorry for a BMW motorbike right now.....

Maybe Neo, you ought to take the parts off the coffee maker/sewing machine, attach them to something a bit more robust...... like, say a falling bathtub or similar, and call it a day? :cantlook: :D

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
DUDE! you officially have worse luck than me! I hope you can get the situation resolved in some satisfactory way!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you're all missing the obvious.

The one thing that can bring down a German super bike is........ well......... it's bad luck. And THAT is something NEO has plenty of.

I'm starting to feel sorry for a BMW motorbike right now.....

Maybe Neo, you ought to take the parts off the coffee maker/sewing machine, attach them to something a bit more robust...... like, say a falling bathtub or similar, and call it a day? :cantlook: :D
Oh you BASTARD! I had almost blocked out the trauma of the bathtub. Great.... more emotional scaring :'(

Called the shop..and get this: They say that the warranty company does NOT cover consumable parts!!! That drive belt was BRAND new and they're going to worm out of it?? Fuck that. Taking it to Scottsdale BMW/Vespa and having done with it. No more new guns for a LONG while because of this but I need the bike going and proper this time. Time to pony up the $120 an hour

1 - 14 of 14 Posts