Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, if you live in Noth Carolina, now is the time to write to your state senator and reps and let them know that you support this bill.

You can cite the successful passing of similar bills in Virginia and Georgia as supporting arguments.

Let's write and let them know that this is what the responsible firearms owners want!

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1419602.html

·
Registered
708 Posts
thanks for the heads up on this one!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
They're doing the same thing in New Mexico too. I hope it pans out in our favor, I can't stand taking my gun off when I walk into a resturant.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Crazy. Here in Florida, we're allowed to be in a place that serves alcohol, so long as that's not the primary purpose of the establishment and we're not in the area focused on alcohol.

In other words, I can go to Applebees, but I better not sit in the bar. And I can't drink while I'm carrying.

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
I used to work in a restaurant in AZ, we had people open carry from time to time. Is that not legal?
No it's not. If the restaurant serves alcohol for consumption on the premises then you cannot carry either openly, or with a CCW permit. It is the consumption part that gets you. You can however carry if the establishment merely sells booze, i.e. grocery stores, liqueur stores, Circle K, etc. It is real easy to miss this one too. For bars it is easy, but a lot of people don't associate places like Pizza Hut, or Olive Garden with alcohol, especially if they don't drink.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I used to work in a restaurant in AZ, we had people open carry from time to time. Is that not legal?
No it's not. If the restaurant serves alcohol for consumption on the premises then you cannot carry either openly, or with a CCW permit. It is the consumption part that gets you. You can however carry if the establishment merely sells booze, i.e. grocery stores, liqueur stores, Circle K, etc. It is real easy to miss this one too. For bars it is easy, but a lot of people don't associate places like Pizza Hut, or Olive Garden with alcohol, especially if they don't drink.
Yeah, half the restaurant was tables, the other half had a bar. Weird that no one every called it out as a problem, we always had cops in there. (To eat, not because of crime)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.