bipod for 995 with stock stock

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by kanderson586, Mar 1, 2008.

1. kanderson586

kanderson586 Guest

my 995 is still original and i want to know is there an easy to attach bipod out there?

2. Ridge

Ridge Member

The problem with that is that the stock is split down the middle...its possible you could drill a hole in it and mount a bipod adapter or a picattiny rail and then mount a bipod on that...

3. bikeman

bikeman Guest

I don't think alot of people realize how much a barrel mount bi-pod reduces accuracey. I would not use one. Had one on my AR and did not like it. Plus, with a stock HP there isn't much room for a that type of bi-pod. Stick with a rail mount on the stock. Keep looking through this forum and you can probably find something. The easiest way to mount a rail on the bottom of the front of the stock would be to place a short rail, diagnally across the seam (bolts on either side of the seam). With a decent bi-pod that swivels you would never even be aware of the angle of the rail. I thought about doing this for a foregrip, but decided I already had an AR and the HP only needed a flashlight.

4. Bandit320

Bandit320 Member

5. kanderson586

kanderson586 Guest

good too know, i think i will skip the bi-pod idea, thanks guys.

6. always wanted to hook up a bipod to my stock stock as well... but never learned of a realistic smart way either...