Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It really IS the NEXT BIG THING but the train is rolling, rolling into Your Station NOW. Ya don't have to buy in This Time, but the earlier the better. The only guy on here I know that is truly on board like Moley is @thinkfirst and we are both making BANK.

This is the next big (YUGE) innovation in money, even governments are setting up for digital hack-proof currencies. Those getting into crypto NOW stand to be rich after mass adoption, but those getting in late will be "sucking hind tit" so to speak. This could be your final window to get ahead of the herd, of that I am fairly certain.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
You should get a weeks vacation for trying to push that shi-ite.....
Seriously.

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Reactions: SWAGA

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts

·
"The Veiled Male"
571 Posts
Nuts. There are certain things in this world that I have a visceral "stay FAR away from" reaction. Bitcoin et al, facebook et al, and smartphones being the primary ones.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bitcoin has been 'the next big thing' for 7-8 years.
U know this, and I know this, but a lot of these cavemen don't. Really the only one I know of for sure is @Think1st and he's about on par with me.
Plus, Bitcoin was not even in existence 15 years ago, it actually started operating in 2009 (11 years ago) and the public at large was not even hearing about it until like 2012 or so... That's why I said 7-8 years it has been the "next big thing"

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have to.
Proverbs 28:20
Proverbs 28:20 A faithful person will be richly blessed, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.
Well, good, I don't have to admonish you for abusing scripture, but you are possibly being judgemental? I'm not looking to make a quick buck, I'm just trying to get ahead of the coming mega-trends. I am not "betting the farm" and I can pretty much afford to lose everything I have in crypto, and still live comfortably. IMO I am being faithful in my investments. :D

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
I will take this opportunity to bash on Coinbase and Binance. Both of them are sacks of crap that deal with cryptographic currency and their customer service is trash as far as I am concerned. I have asked both of them to give me my money back and they refuse. They put two factor authentication on both of the accounts without my authorization and I cannot get access to them anymore and they have not helped me when I have reached out to their customer service.

It's a good thing I have less than $300 locked up in my accounts otherwise I would be really not happy about it. If you wish to play with cryptographic currency Coinbase and Binance are not the way to go in my opinion.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
I have asked both of them to give me my money back and they refuse. They put two factor authentication on both of the accounts without my authorization and I cannot get access to them anymore and they have not helped me when I have reached out to their customer service.
A sign of things to come.

Reactions: 1024Megabytes

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Can't eat it, can't shoot it, don't want it.
Unless you live on several acres and have the wherewithal to raise every bit of food you have, mine powder and primer chemical components to make powder and primer, mine and process lead, copper, and brass into completed rounds of ammo, you will need some unit of exchange to get said food and ammo.

The existing counterfeit Fed notes work for that right now, but the scam will wind up very quickly and without warning. At that point, some sort of new worthless fiat currency will take its place, and it will not hold value to any extent.

Gold and silver can be used under those circumstances, and you can barter, too. Crypto currency is another store of value to have in addition to precious metals and barter items. You don't want to put all of your eggs in one basket.

Also, TEOTWAWKI is not the only thing to prepare for. There will be plenty of purely financial calamities involving the currency, and you need to prepare a portfolio of alternatives to Fed funny money. You will need something to exchange for the food and ammo.
Let's see....cryptocurrency that only exists online.
Chinese and Russian state backed hackers.
Seems a great idea, what could go wrong.
https://markets.businessinsider.com...llion-but-the-money-is-gone-2019-3-1028009684
The block-chain technology is designed so that the code has to be validated by the thousands of computers in the decentralized network. If one person tried to hack anything, it would result in that hacked entry not being accepted by the rest of the network. This isn't like your bank account. Also, you can store your crypto on a hardware device, which is sort of like a thumb drive. No one is hacking that.

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
I will take this opportunity to bash on Coinbase and Binance. Both of them are sacks of crap that deal with cryptographic currency and their customer service is trash as far as I am concerned. I have asked both of them to give me my money back and they refuse. They put two factor authentication on both of the accounts without my authorization and I cannot get access to them anymore and they have not helped me when I have reached out to their customer service.

It's a good thing I have less than $300 locked up in my accounts otherwise I would be really not happy about it. If you wish to play with cryptographic currency Coinbase and Binance are not the way to go in my opinion.
I would recommend crypto.com to you. The customer service there is very responsive. They also periodically back everything up to cold storage on a periodic basis as a further measure to protect against malicious activity.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
I would recommend crypto.com to you. The customer service there is very responsive. They also periodically back everything up to cold storage on a periodic basis as a further measure to protect against malicious activity.
If I could get my money back from Binance or Coinbase I might consider cryptographic currencies but I have such a bad taste in my mouth from being locked out from my money twice that I doubt I will do it.

Reactions: JP Walsh

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
If you look at a good portion of the membership. You would see a bit of paranoia from most if not all. Lose power, its gone, internet fails its gone. It gets hacked its gone. Have you actually tried to use it at LGS, Walmart, the grocery store?? I can go to my bank and cash out my money and actually hold it. Can you.

Who does this aline with SHTF situations? If some man bun, kaki shorts and flip flops comes up to trade with bit coin. I'd have to dig a new hole. No thanks

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
If I could get my money back from Binance or Coinbase I might consider cryptographic currencies but I have such a bad taste in my mouth from being locked out from my money twice that I doubt I will do it.
I am pretty shocked that they don't have any sort of protocol in place to recover access to your accounts. Did you ask them, specifically, what the protocols are for when someone loses a password? What is the second factor method in place? Are they supposed to send a code to your phone after you log in?

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
I fought with Coinbase for weeks. They have no phone number just a stupid electronic mail address. Sometimes they took over a week to respond to me. They told me to take certain steps to get access. I tried what they said but it just failed over and over. They have my address on file. I told them to mail the money to the listed address and they told me they could not do that. They like to take people's money and then not give it back to them.

Look up reviews of Coinbase and Binance. There are tons of complaints against them. A lot of people have been hosed out of their money.

Reactions: JP Walsh

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
If you look at a good portion of the membership. You would see a bit of paranoia from most if not all. Lose power, its gone, internet fails its gone. It gets hacked its gone. Have you actually tried to use it at LGS, Walmart, the grocery store?? I can go to my bank and cash out my money and actually hold it. Can you.

Who does this aline with SHTF situations? If some man bun, kaki shorts and flip flops comes up to trade with bit coin. I'd have to dig a new hole. No thanks
Cryptos aren't a part of SHTF planning. They are for the inevitable demise of the USD's global dominance. That time is coming, and when it does, other forms of currency will become much more desirable. At this time, you can actually convert crypto directly to USD and spend that USD with a debit card. In the future, they'll offer a way to spend the crypto, directly, as instant conversion of the chosen crypto into USD at point of purchase with the debit card.

Again, this isn't something you want to plow every dollar into. The idea is to take an appropriate amount of money you want to invest, and put it at risk the same way you would with any other investment.

That isn't paranoia. That's forecasting future financial conditions and positioning your investment posture for the best returns as that future approaches.

If you don't want to buy Bitcoin directly, you can buy the ETF symbol "GBTC" in your brokerage account. That will give you exposure to Bitcoin, Ethereum, and a couple of other cryptos. Think of it as another investment.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts