Black Aces Pro Series 500 Kit for Mossberg 500/590

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by tallbump, Nov 10, 2014.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Have you guys seen these?

http://www.reapercamo.com/product60.html

Black Aces Pro Series 500 Kit for Mossberg 500/590 Price: $99.00

The Black Aces retro receiver kit transforms a standard shotgun into a pump action, magazine-fed tactical weapon.

The receiver kit includes all the parts, tools and instructions to replace the receiver and internal components to allow a Mossberg 500/590 (A1) to accept readily available Saiga 12 magazines (5, 8, 10, and 12 round sticks or 12 and 20 round drums).

All tools and easy installation instructions are included. No gunsmithing required - install and be ready to fire in minutes!

2. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Now that I might be interested in if it works well...

3. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Damn... why did you have to post that... Now I have to go price Saiga Mags!!

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The only advantage I would see is the drum as you can already get 8+1 in an extended magtube. A lumpy 8-10 rounder sticking out the bottom makes it a little unwieldy, at least looks that way.
    It would have been a little cooler if they found a way to make the tube operational also.
    But I guess that is mechanically not possible.

Something else untacticool looking for 23 rounds

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-koXI1iEK8[/ame]

5. RobbK

RobbK Member

would be great for competitions and maybe in a SHTF situation for a quick reload My question is what do they do about the serial number or does it get a new one? For a hunter that does get my guns looked at once in a great while by the DNR it could be a problem.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    In one place on Facebook, a guy claiming to be from the company said they were serialized FFL items, but nowhere else do I see that, and nothing on the link above says anything like that.

And then I found this one too.

"The kit is a receiver and will require an FFL to ship to. Although the prototypes have been rigorously tested, over the coming weeks Black Aces has engaged veteran firearms instructor Matt Jacques of Victory First to perform additional T&E."

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/pro-series...-kit-from-black-aces-24011.html#ixzz3IjWfwTv5

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I figured it was an FFL thing since it was a receiver.

Hey, I could end up with a whole new gun this way, without the wife knowing.

I mean, I would just be buying an accessory for a gun I already have. Then, Oh, hey, look at that new stock. Oh, I need a new barrel. Voila, one or tow more parts and I now have 2 shotguns :D

8. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I would be bruised for a week after shooting that thing!