Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 40S&W Hipoint Carbine about 2 weeks ago. Got it for 115 dollars (looked like new) from my dealer. Great deal in itself.

Went in there yesterday and sitting in there was a Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 40S&W for 200.

So I traded the Hipoint for the Sub 2000. I really wanted a carbine in 40S&W but wanted one that could use hi-cap mags so that was what made me do the deal.

I also bought 6 15 round Glock 22 mags (Glock brand) for 15 a piece.

In the end, I'm a very happy camper.

The Sub 2000 also has a flashlight addon bolted to the barrel. I wonder what I could put in there besides a fleshlight? Laser?

No pictures now because I put the gun on layaway until a week or so from now. Gotta work out the budget first.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
i think you should have kept the hi point also. what a deal.

but then again, that sub2000 is nice... i probably would have did it to if that was the only other gun i could have gotten rid of...

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STONE HIM!!!!!

:brow: :p

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
just don't drop him too far as I don't want to go looking for his head!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL

I can easily get the Hipoint back if I wanted. My dealer has to sit on it for 30 days.

I just wonder if I honestly would shoot it much having access to the Sub 2000.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Well I would say you got a great deal on the HP but in return got a great deal on the Sub... You wanted HiCap mags and now you have them.....

I say GET THEM BOTH!!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I vote Blasphemy. Although if I found a Sub 2000 that took my 92fs mags I would still buy it. Wouldn't trade in my 995 though!!!!!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I vote Blasphemy. Although if I found a Sub 2000 that took my 92fs mags I would still buy it. Wouldn't trade in my 995 though!!!!!
Me neither. I Have a 995 and I love i but I am also on the lookout for a Sub 2000 in Beretta 92 magwell as well. If I found one, I would not give up my 995. I love that little gun, have had it for 2 years now.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I prefer the HP over the Kel-tec because of modability and ergonomics, but the Kel-tec can accept high-cap magazines, and is collapsible, both of which are very nice features the HP lacks...I'm on the ropes here...

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Blasphemy, a true HP'er only buys additional guns... not trade in the hard working mule and some boot for a quarter horse.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
oh and to answer the thread title, its BOTH, which may be the only reason you are still alive. although it is blasphemy its a good deal, whcih is why some of the jurors are sitting on the fence about this one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.