Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Urban Grayman
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you go during the week you have it to yourself. Weekends can be a nightmare especially after the 1st of the month. Used to be good brass hunting till the shortage.

·
Registered
Urban Grayman
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to be close to a range like that.
Las Vegas is really a shooters dream or it was until 2020 an the kalifornian scum changed the gun laws. Nevada has no shortage of long range shooting, in fact Im going to get a 3 inch ordnance rifle. I want some serious BLAMMO after yelling "give them the grape !"

·
Administrator
25,042 Posts
It is interesting when you get stuck on a cell tower 40 miles away in New Mexico. Not because it's closer, but because I'm in a land shadow that blocks the tower by my house...

And then it's usually 1 bar of 3G because 4G and LTE barely make it 10 miles, LTE is 2 miles, and 5G is only good for about 1,000ft.

·
Premium Member
36,056 Posts
Our “local” phone/network provider is looking at 5G, but as you say....it’s good at penetrating, but not good at distance, and we need distance more often than not.
When we drive to the cities to the west or south of us, there are three areas where there’s zero coverage, and that’s on “major” highways.

I actually shot at a place west of Vegas once, when my daughter lived there. Right off the north side of the freeway, lots of arroyos, trash, and zero oversight. When you came back, you just crossed the west bound freeway, crossed the median, and jumped on the east bound. I’m sure the state patrol loved that whole scenario...

Reactions: Jim_Sterling

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
A place that is Bureau Land Management where you can shoot is about 70 miles from me. Right now they have steel targets banned for the possible fire danger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts