Blue Bullets Reload formula

Discussion in 'Rifle Cartridge Data' started by Rickcasselman, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Rickcasselman

Rickcasselman Member

I am reloading 9mm for my 995ts. I use the blue poly coated bullets. I am having trouble with some missfeeds or stove pipes. Can someone that has had success with these bullets please give me the formula that you use such as overall length of the reloaded bullet, what powder do you use, and any other important information. I use a Dillon 550 re-loading machine

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

What kind of feed failures are you experiencing besides stovepipes?

If it's mostly just nose-up feed failure, then I'd say the OAL is probably too short. Does your rifle feed standard factory FMJ well? Put a set of calipers on them and compare.

What's the nose profile of the bullets? Perhaps a more conical/pointed profile feeds better for your gun.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017

3. Rickcasselman

Rickcasselman Member

I am shooting a round nose poly coated blue bullet. Do you know what the ideal length of the completed cartridge should be?

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

For 115gr. coated hard cast bullets in 9mm Luger, the COL is 1.10".

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. Dave4903

Dave4903 My other car is a M60A3 Supporting Member

Might not be loading them hot enough if you're getting both stovepipes and feed failures. I had a similar problem with my 380 reloads.

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The 995 is a Simple Blowback firearm so you are right that it does typically like hotter ammunition.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk