Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get some feed back on the suggestion of a Hi-Point rifle & pistol combo in 357 Sig. The ballistics and reliability of that round would work great in the carbine. I also think it would be a butt kicker in the pistol. I have a baby Glock and a full size Glock in that caliber and love it.

I'm having a problem with both my Hi-Point 40 carbine and my 9mm carbine. The bolt handles become loose after a little shooting. Any suggestions in ref to correcting this problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Loc tite should take care of this problem it worked for me.
Oh and by the way welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
WELL Hi Point can't keep up with the 9, 380, 40, and 45 and have NOT started making the 45 carbine YET so the 357 sig is most definatly out of the question. Sorry you'll have to settle for the common calibers :wink:

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'll try a little of the red lock tite. Thanks
Use the BLUE LocTite or you'll be sorry!!! That red stuff takes some serious tools to break open if you ever have to. I've used nothing but the blue LocTite and have had great success on the handles of my carbines.

Just a word to the wise. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
That blue loctite can be a real PITA to get off sometimes too, I guess a little heat would make it easier.

I used blue loctite to put a scope rail on my mossberg 500 and will just say that there ended up being a drill and easy outs used to get those darn screws out. A real mess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd use service removable loc tite - the purple stuff IIRC.

Blue is if you want to work to take it off, and recommended for a bit larger parts (think, bolts you find in cars.)

Red requires heat. I don't know what the melting point is of the Hi-Power carbine, but I think I saw it listed here someplace. Regardless, you torch the wrong thing to take it off, and you also kill the temper if it has any.

Josh <><

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd use service removable loc tite - the purple stuff IIRC.
This is what I used .

Our service guys use the red stuff at work it is supposed to work as permenant .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
iF you do a search here you will find some talk about 357 sig. But I do not think we will ever see it.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
"Green loc-tite is PEOPLE! PEOPLE!!!"

(Meh, someone had to throw it out there.)

And mauve is a shade of yellow, isn't it? I don't know why I know that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wonder if a .357 would work in a blowback design. Most blowbacks as I understand begin to open little bit while the pressure is still high and .357 I believe is loaded to a higher pressure than the .40. (please correct me if I am wrong.).
The other issue is the magazine. This question be be resolved by sticking a .40 cal magazine loaded with .357 sig into a .40 carbine and seeing if it will feed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts