Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has experience with a Bond Arms Derringer? Just took delivery of the Cowboy Defender 357/38 special with 3" barrel. Have not been to the range yet, what can I expect.

rd

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Who here has experience with a Bond Arms Derringer? Just took delivery of the Cowboy Defender 357/38 special with 3" barrel. Have not been to the range yet, what can I expect.
Pain.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Never shot one, but would love to have one in the 45 Colt/.410!

Reactions: Pistolkitty

·
Registered
90 Posts
Typical derringer, hold it tight with your middle finger and any other fingers that fit on the grip. Let it roll in you hand with the recoil, but don't lose your grip. I'd recommend starting with light .38's. If you're questioning accuracy, I wouldn't expect anything further than across the poker table.

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Really? Awwwww!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Awww, man! Scratch that off my list then! How about .38 special?

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Dunham's had them on sale here at Christmas for 99 bucks. Almost did it, just cuz John Wayne had a derringer. Now I'm glad I didn't

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
My neighbor had one and let me shoot it with a 410. He gave me a big piece of foam rubber to hold in the palm of my hand and then put the pistol into the foam. It still hurt !!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
That infomercial they do on the Outdoor channel makes it look easy. Bummer. Still wondering about that. 38 special. Don't nobody say. 22lr, either!

Reactions: rowiebowie

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
I have the 38spl it sucks. Hurts the hand and it has like a 40 lbs trigger pull. If you want one get it. But don't think you'll like it or shoot it after the first few times. It's a if you need it use it gun. But there is soooooo many different guns you can get to carry a snub nose is a better choice.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
These 'mini' guns are getting way too big for only a two-shot gun.
3.5-4 inch barrel?!

To me this is a Derringer:

Reactions: Think1st and Rerun

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
That infomercial they do on the Outdoor channel makes it look easy. Bummer. Still wondering about that. 38 special. Don't nobody say. 22lr, either!
Get a Cobra Derringer in .22mag or .32Auto and should satisfy you.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I've got a Cimarron(Cobra) 38spl which SWAGA shows a picture of, but mine is black and has rosewood grips.

If you pull trigger straight back, it takes what feels like 20#s to fire. You have to use a pulling down motion with your trigger finger, which alone makes one lose their grip hold. Derringers that have trigger guards might be different in the trigger pull and poundage to fire.

Then you have only about 3 fingers holding the gun if you have hands larger than a 5 year old. I've tried to do a 2-hand hold, but damn near impossible.

I've put maybe 20rds through mine since owning and it now resides in it's box. Would I shoot it again? Yes. Do I want to? Not if I don't have to.

I actually wouldn't mind getting a 22lr/22mag derringer one of these days, along with some barrels in 380 and 9mm to go with the large frame model I have.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I’d still like to have a small one in .380

Reactions: Think1st
1 - 20 of 61 Posts