Booby trapped ammo in a war zone

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SWAGA, Apr 19, 2014.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

It's old news but interesting none the less.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/20/w...raps-rebels-ammunition.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0

2. Or in a domestic SHTF situation. I think the topic of salted ammo was posted here on a survival thread a few years ago.

FWIW.
    I see that the insurgents are switching to using car bombings, etc. Likely a sign that they have lost the power(resources, etc) to carry out direct combat against the government forces.

3. Actually it's a sign they've gained knowledge. They know they can't take on government forces directly. But car bombings? It's Terror 101: Kill your target and strike fear into the masses with minimal assets. It works.

4. SWAGA

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Bi3RPz_2E[/ame]

5. AS6

AS6 Legible in My Own Mind Member

The pilot's philosophy of "big sky; little bullet" gets blown out of the sky when the ground troops have been trained to lead the aircraft so that little bullet gets sucked into the engine.

6. Kiln

Kiln Member

This should be illegal, period. Imagine in ten years when all of this crap makes its way across borders and onto the surplus market.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Isn't it?

I seriously doubt that will happen.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. I too was wondering if the salted ammo could get mixed up with good ammo and get imported years later. I hope it gets destroyed once discovered.

9. I doubt there is much chance of it getting over here. The anti-gov forces have been very short on ammo for the last few months. They have even been firing their belt feds as if they are semi-autos.

10. I once had this exact conversation with a sniper I worked with (was a sniper before he crosstrained); he couldn't say anything similar without laughing. Because basically, well, it's laughable.

11. There used to be a saying... "All's fair in love and war".

War is hell. Fighting in it is hell. It's not meant to be nice or pretty or easy or bloodless. **** like this has always been done. Even I know better than to pick up the enemy's leave behind ammo and weapons.

Anyone who get into it expecting to not get hurt, well, they're dumba$$es.

Don't get me wrong. I honor and respect those who fight for truth, freedom and our country. But I have nine of that for the people being affected by these "dirty weapons". They are fighting to oppress other, not to stop oppression.

12. Kiln

Kiln Member

Unless it gets exported at some point in the future and sold as surplus ammo after their war ends. Unlikely, but possible.

13. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

when you 'need' to win the war you do what you have to do. it's all chalked up as strategy. any lingering side effects are secondary and simply collateral damage.

14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It's also possible that I might win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Ammo exporters and importers are, neither, going to touch leave behind ammo with a 10' pole. The have too much riding on their product to risk even a tiny tiny possibility of bringing in salted ammo.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

15. SWAGA

I thought that was the whole intent in a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI situation.
    You would have no choice actually after you run out of supplies.

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    In a SHTF situation, NO ONE is going to waste ammo by booby trapping it.

In an open rebellion, when the gov't has plenty, then MAYBE they gov't will do it.