Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, the ATF is at it again. You guys still think the Scotus and Bruen are helping? Most leftist states and the ATF are just thumbing their noses at it...

This time they have really done it though.

80% stuff there weren't a large percentage of gun owners in general that did that. Yes, still against the 2A but not a lot of squeaky mice.

Next, the FRT triggers, once again, not a large percentage of gun owners.

Both of those the ATF has overreached but nothing has really been done. Yes, FPC and others have lawsuits, but we see where that has gotten us. Bruen was a win without being a win...

Enter Pistol Braces!! Now this is Millions and Millions of people... they have even included the Roni/MCK stocks... Congrats everyone on being felons in the ATFs eyes.

If you read through the 293 pages you get the impression that they were nice to us over the last few years letting us use them even though they knew they were SBRs and we shouldered them... they are even waiving the $200 tax stamp for everyone to 'register" them.

Everyone that has one has a grace period of 120 days to turn them in, destroy them or register them. No offense, if I was getting a stamp I would go full bore with real stock on it with a vertical grip!!!

Register them, I'm sure some will.

Destroy them, yeah, sure, we'll go with that. I'm sure some people will do that too >.>

Turn them in (to be destroyed) and receive no compensation that you paid your hard earned money for, yeah the line will be long for that one.

Anyway, how can an alphabet agency be stopped, creating or changing laws, where only congress has that ability. They are literally breaking the law themselves. OK so they are calling it a policy change... Now I am no lawyer but laws being broken is what lands you in prison, does ignoring policy do that?

ATF has run its course and needs to go away, and the NFA along with it.

Never happen as long as the spineless are still on "our side" in Washington.

OK done venting...

Here is a link to the statement that also contains the link to the 293 page document if you want some laughs before bed.

Reactions: Think1st

· Administrator
28,329 Posts
Or you can just take off the brace and lock it away in a drawer somewhere then waiting for the inevitable Court win.

But, to be honest, a zero cost SBR sounds pretty good. I'm with you, however, if I did that I would put a real stock on it.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

· Premium Member
37,165 Posts
Or you can just take off the brace and lock it away in a drawer somewhere then waiting for the inevitable Court win.

But, to be honest, a zero cost SBR sounds pretty good. I'm with you, however, if I did that I would put a real stock on it.

If you’re labeled as a criminal anyway…why not go all the way and earn it?

I assume that’s what many people will think, anyway.
Me? I’d never, ever think of doing anything illegal. I mean, I work for the government for heaven’s sake!

3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't there a saying like "if you have to hide em it's time to use em" or something along those lines?

Yeah, free SBR is how they suck you in. You know they are just trying to get everyone on a registry right? That's the part that gets me. Don't get me wrong, I have a few tax stamps - for suppressors. I elected to get those because I wanted a suppressor. I was not forced to be put on a registry I did it on my own... this seems forced to me lol.

As for the inevitable court win, that's one of my points. No one will enforce the "court win" and they will keep trampling the 2nd any chance they get.

Reactions: Think1st

· Premium Member
3,500 Posts
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms has run its course and needs to go away, and the National Firearms Act along with it.
100% agree with this. Full automatics will never be legalized again unless there is a civil war though in my opinion. I think the pistol brace new stupid rules will be struck down in the courts in the future.

It's time to give Gun Owners of America more money to fight this in the courts.

· Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Their FAQ page seems to say that after you register your firearm with the brace, you are allowed to stick a real stock on it, but if the "length" changes, you have to notify them :rolleyes: I don't know. On one hand, free SBR! on the other hand... there's that SAF lawsuit in Texas that's been on hold pending the Final Rule to proceed.... since it's Texas, good chance that it'll get done away with and we won't have to do the whole song and dance... reading through the pdf of the "final rule", there's a lot of legalese justifications for what they're doing and the comments and why the ATF/DOJ "disagrees" with those in opposition :rolleyes: but to the simplest terms possible; they're including a whole lot of subjective "objective design features" to the NFA/GCA definitions :rolleyes:

To boil it down.. simply they're saying hey they made a mistake allowing the SB Tactical brace and Sig brace in the first place.. and implicitly that they made a mistake allowing the rubber covered buffer tube AR pistols of the 90s to exist..... and now we the peons are going to be subject to the consequences of their mistakes. :rolleyes: good lord, I need to go rest my eyes.

3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's time to give Gun Owners of America more money to fight this in the courts.
Yeah... donated to FPC, GOA and SAF tonight... I know they are doing their best. They are getting wins, but no matter what it will never stop and if anything seems to be getting worse...

You all remember that proverbial "line in the sand" we all have. Doesn't it seem like the Government/ATF are trying to figure out where that line falls for America? lol

· Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Oh also for the courts thing? Not news but.. this final rule was signed by MERRICK GARLAND AG of the US, head of DOJ.... ergo... it doesn't matter if the SCOTUS grants us more theoretical 2A wins, if the DOJ agencies (FBI and ATF) will not enforce SCOTUS or let SCOTUS rulings stop them.... :rolleyes: I mean, the SCOTUS is a part of the DOJ; so right off the bat, there's no real teeth to the SCOTUS rulings regarding the 2A against rogue Federal Agencies or States defying them.

3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh also for the courts thing? Not news but.. this final rule was signed by MERRICK GARLAND AG of the US, head of DOJ.... ergo... it doesn't matter if the SCOTUS grants us more theoretical 2A wins, if the DOJ agencies (FBI and ATF) will not enforce SCOTUS or let SCOTUS rulings stop them.... :rolleyes: I mean, the SCOTUS is a part of the DOJ; so right off the bat, there's no real teeth to the SCOTUS rulings regarding the 2A against rogue Federal Agencies or States defying them.
Ding Ding Ding!!! Winner!!!

· Premium Member
25,801 Posts
Yeah, that's funny. Some of y'all thought I was fucking bullshittin' 2 weeks ago when I posted that the pistol brace ban was about to be announced.

· Administrator
28,329 Posts
Yeah, that's funny. Some of y'all thought I was fucking bullshittin' 2 weeks ago when I posted that the pistol brace ban was about to be announced.
BSing? Frankly, I'm surprised that they waited this long. They'd been jabbering about it for a long time and did pre-releases of various paperwork check boxes and such.

· Administrator
28,329 Posts
Yeah, free SBR is how they suck you in. You know they are just trying to get everyone on a registry right? That's the part that gets me. Don't get me wrong, I have a few tax stamps - for suppressors. I elected to get those because I wanted a suppressor. I was not forced to be put on a registry I did it on my own... this seems forced to me lol.
To be honest, if I had a pistol AR with a pistol brace I would have very much been interested in converting it to a SBR anyway. If I had one, the tax stamp would be what was holding me back and pushing me into a pistol brace.

Previously, of course, the ATF had said that even if you shouldered a pistol brace it didn't make it an SBR, so a lot of people did that. Those are the people that would really have rather had an SBR and are just using a pistol brace as a really crappy stock. I would imagine that those people would be interested in a no-cost SBR.

I would also imagine that a going concern would be that people would apply for the no cost SBR stamp and then it eventually winds its way up to scotus and the pistol brace ruling gets knocked down but now you've got a SBR when it turns out you didn't need it and are stuck with the limitations and liabilities of an sbr, such as interstate Transit notifications and the like.

Reactions: Visper

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Free registration. Sure, if they get a flood of applications it will take how many years to get your "okie dokie?" 2-3?? In the mean time get arrested at the range if the AFT happens to show up even if you have proof of applying?

Are we the only country in the world that has barrel length restrictions?

Reactions: Visper

· Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Free registration. Sure, if they get a flood of applications it will take how many years to get your "okie dokie?" 2-3?? In the mean time get arrested at the range if the AFT happens to show up even if you have proof of applying?
From the FAQs

"25. PRIOR TO AND AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE 120-DAY TAX FORBEARANCE, CAN I CONTINUE TO
POSSESS MY SBR EQUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” IF I HAVE TIMELY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION TO
REGISTER MY FIREARM?
• Yes. Provided you are not otherwise prohibited from possession of a firearm under Federal or
State law, you may continue to lawfully possess your SBR while your registration application is
pending with ATF. While your application is pending, you should maintain proof of submission as
evidence of continued lawful possession."

No? Canada and UK comes to mind

· Premium Member
37,165 Posts
I wouldn't call them free sbr's. You still bought the pistol and you still bought the brace.
But you don’t have a legal SBR until you render your $200 and paperwork unto Caesar.

So they’re basically giving you a free registration, worth $200. Not to mention suddenly allowing you to call your ex-pistol an SBR, thus allowing you to avoid the worries of swapping lowers and uppers and “accidentally” becoming a felon.

Of course…NONE of that should even be a thing….😖

3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

3 million braces (estimated - wonder how they got that estimate >.>) but yeah it takes 9 months to a year to get a tax stamp on a suppressor, can you imagine 3 million applications coming in?

I wonder how many will do it though, very curious on the final number... I'm thinking numbers (percentage wise) similar to the NY Assault Style weapon registration.

· Premium Member
3,500 Posts
:rolleyes: I mean, the Supreme Court is a part of the Department of Justice; so right off the bat, there's no real teeth to the Supreme Court rulings regarding the 2nd Amendment against rogue Federal Agencies or States defying them.
Yes there is. If the local sheriff or State authorities tell the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms to stay the devil out of their county or out of their State with threats of arresting Federal authorities that has teeth. Here is to hoping that happens in many States and counties across the United States.

· Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Yes there is. If the local sheriff or State authorities tell the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms to stay the devil out of their county or out of their State with threats of arresting Federal authorities that has teeth. Here is to hoping that happens in many States and counties across the United States.
Federal Supremacy Clause :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts