Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several new firearms and have not had time (or weather) to go to a range. I'd like to start out with the pistol/rifle sighted at least on the paper. I've grabbed Glockmans carbine sighting tutorial and will use it. However, I see some bore sighting tools at some fairly reasonable prices. I've never used bore sighting and don't know anyone who has used it either.

What's the opinion of bore sighting? Worth the money to get the equipment? Or not? How accurate is it?

Thanks.
Dan

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I bought a $40 one from Sportsman's guide a long time ago, I think it's a Brownell or something...it starts with a B anyway and has adapters to fit basically any caliber. It goes down the barrel starting at the crown and sticks out. I use it to get my scopes and other things sighted in, and it always gets them pretty dang close so it requires minimal tweaking at the range to get the scope spot on, usually only one or two clicks.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
the ones ive had expierience with werent worth a hoot. i had a scope put on my 375 H&H at the store and he sighted it with his bore sighter. wasnt even close. scopes are set center from teh factory and if you install them and shoot them wihtout messign with the adjustments they should be close. i ust put a new bushnell on dads winchester 670 and just mounting it it was within six inches of zero.

SW

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
The one I used was pretty decent. Wasn't precise, but it got me in the general area.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The laser I have works in my Mosins.

This is the one I have, though I got it from SG instead of this website, it was just the easiest to get to on Google.

http://www.ironcityblades.com/store...aspx?sfid=128419&i=244767443&mpid=7349&dfid=1
I used one very similar to sight in my Mosin M38 after I put a scope on it. I worked to get me on the paper without wasting a lot of shells. Then I thought, that might work for my C9, but it was longer than the barrel of the C9, so it did no good at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts