Bore Snake for 4095TS?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by michaeld1953, May 27, 2014.

1. Does anyone know where you can get a bore snake for a 4095TS? Or is there such a thing? Thoughts, if not then it is time to start making them.

2. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

I've tried the snakes but decided I don't like cleaning them after they get dirty. The system I like best which uses brushes and replaceable patches attached to a cable is from a company called OTIS Technology, Inc.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2017

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Any sporting goods stores, amazon.com, Walmart...I can find them everywhere.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

it wont specifically say ''for Hi Point 4095", you just need the one that ''fits .40'' walmart even carries them, as should any sporting good store or gun shop.

5. Any .40 caliber snake will do. Like talon said.

I love using snakes to clean when they get dirty I throw them in a sock and put them in the washer. Air dry. Look brand new

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I have an Otis for my AR. I prefer the Boresnake, as you end up using a pile of patches with the Otis.

But, the fact that the Otis kit works for various calibers is a big plus. I'd still get snakes for my most commonly used calibers, but that's just me.

7. stick with a bore snake, I have one in .30 and one in .22. They clean up fine. Bores look great in those rifles I clean it with.

Whoever came up with the idea of putting a hundred patches down a barrel to get it clean is out of their mind. I make three passes max with the snake. It is plenty clean.

Never forget more damage has been done to guns by over cleaning than under cleaning.

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

no doubt, a bore snake is so simple to use, works like a dream and is easy to clean once your done cleaning your guns. and affordable enough to get one for each caliber.

patches do add up over time, and uses a bunch of them is wasteful and takes much longer than a simple bore snake.

9. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I have a .22, .30, and a .45 bore snake for my 5 rifles.
    .22 for my 715T and Tavor, .30 for my Mosins and .45 for my Hi-Point

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    A 45 'snake will work for a 40 cal, correct?

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

If you pull hard enough, it'll fit through all of em!!!

12. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

.416 .44 .45-70 .458 .460 calibers are listed on the package

13. This will fit the 40 cal?

This bore snake will fit the 4095TS then?

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  15. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Probably a tight fit.
    It's kinda funny how my .22 bore snake is pretty tight going through my .22 rifle, but goes through rather easily through my Tavor

16. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

Sorry guys. I guess I offered bad information about the Otis System. I didn't realize it was so disliked. I purchased my Otis cleaning supplies a couple of years ago before it was offered in a kit. The reason I did that was because I inherited a couple of bore snake from my dad after he passed and couldn't seem to get them cleaned to my satisfaction after using them.

Maybe I'll try the bore snakes again. I wouldn't mind having both methods available to clean the barrels.

Any recommended best ways to clean a dirty bore snake?:confused:

17. colthrash

colthrash Member

there was a good suggestion back a few posts. I also use my bore snake to put a directional polish on the feed ramps.

18. You have nothing to be sorry about my friend

Screw the bore snake and one smart ass. I am going with the Zombie kit that covers all and everything and a B.O.N.E. tool for my bolts in the AR15 and AR10. If it was a big deal to somebody then butt out of the thread. I wanted to be certain before I ordered and that was just being smart and in my opinion the Otis Complete system is the way to go. Thanks Not2MnayGuns.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Use an old single sock. Put the snake in, tie the sock shut with something, and throw it in the wash with your jeans.

Or, wrap it around some of those guide things in the dishwasher.