Bought a new hunting gear backpack

Discussion in 'Survival Zone' started by ichthyo, Jul 4, 2020.

1. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

I don't know much about backpacks, but after a little searching online I bought one to replace my hunting backpack that is worn out.

I didn't want to spend much money as I don't hike in the wilderness for days. I just need something to help me organize my gear for day in the woods.

I bought a Gelindo for $33.00. I used my wife's Amazon account and used a credit on her balance so the bag cost me $15.00. You get quite a lot for not much money. It is covered with mollie, has an insulated compartment for a hydration water bag system or keeping food cold or hot.

It has a midja (edited the mistake) belt as well with more compartments. I watch some youtube reviews and they were very positive.

I think I can attach my rattlin' antlers to the mollie and that keeps them out the way. They tangle up on everything in my old bag.

Overall I think this will be great. It might not last the rest of my life but for $33 bucks it will do. 1b1e4ddacd1e.jpg ad5d66569528.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    ajole, greg_r, Rerun and 2 others like this.
  2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    A “waste” belt. Bringing “pack it out” to new levels, most leave-no-tracers just poop in a baggie.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

LOL

CamoDeafie likes this.
  4. greg_r

ought to be a decent pack.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That does look like a decent pack, that belt is overbuilt for that bag, but that’s not a bad thing.

6. greg_r

Looks to me a lot like a Maxpedition. A lot of the knockoffs are just as efficient as the name brand packs, just made out of cheaper components. But they work well. I have a Fieldline knockoff of the Maxpedition Sitka sling pack. It has held up well, and is maybe a third of the price.

I think the waist strap is overkill but it will certainly add stability!

ichthyo and ajole like this.