Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I like it! I think ill turn off the touch pad thing. Its to easy to accidentally hit.

Wish it had an equalizer.

Other than that im pretty pleased! Even the zune market place is pretty nice.

Anyone else have one? If not what do you have?

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
I have a cheap RCA mp3 player that I only use while I'm cutting grass and working sometimes.
Whats one of those set you back these days and what all features does it have?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it for 99$ at wally. VERY easy to set up and get your songs on. You can get the free 2 week Zune pass that lets you DL as many songs as you heart desires for 2 weeks. Of course at the end of the 2 weeks....be ready to fork over the .79cents per song you downloaded or pay the 14$ a month fee for unlimited use.

Of course you can always be less legal about your DLs....lol but hey its only .79cents a song to be legal!

It has an FM tuner which is nice. Not a big selling point, but nice. You can DL games to it. View pictures, watch videos etc. You basics now days for middle of the road Mp3 players.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
i had one of the zune players affected by the new years bug a while back. after it locked up i never did get it to work again. zune worked with me and eventually did send me a new player but i lost all the downlods on that one.

SW

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I think i remember your thread about that SW.

Vaguely but I do. AT new years it wouldnt turn back on or froze up or something? Wasn't it a software issue they had with a ton of them back then?

·
Registered
238 Posts
my daughter just showed me the zune . she has the ipod now but she likes the zune better . from Wat Ive seen they are around 230$ at wally ouch. so was the ipod wen it came out.lol. gl with it they look like they have way advanced from the original walk mans with cassette tapes.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I got one of the 1st gen 130 GB Zune.. I'll probably never fill the damn thing up. I brought it to drown out the noise while I mowed grass on a previous job. I have a few songs on it and at least 8 different podcasts. Check out the Gun Rights Radio Network for some great podcasts. You won't be disappointed. Never had mines lock up.. Guess I was lucky. I ran into a couple soldiers when I drove cabs also.... They love the zune.. They said that they held up to the dust and heat better than Ipods.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got one of the 1st gen 130 GB Zune.. I'll probably never fill the damn thing up. I brought it to drown out the noise while I mowed grass on a previous job. I have a few songs on it and at least 8 different podcasts. Check out the Gun Rights Radio Network for some great podcasts. You won't be disappointed. Never had mines lock up.. Guess I was lucky. I ran into a couple soldiers when I drove cabs also.... They love the zune.. They said that they held up to the dust and heat better than Ipods.
awesome! Ill be using mine outside working as well. So its good to know. Ill also check out the gun rights radio podcasts.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
I had the first get 40GB and it got hit by the leap year bug, but I had the 3yr Best Buy warranty (even though I knew it was gonna be patched...free upgrade you know haha) so I took it to Best Buy and traded it in on a 120GB. I've had it for a good while and I really like it. Good quality audio and video, some fun games, etc. and the wireless is pretty cool. Overall I really like my Zune. Welcome to the club man!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I hope when the Zune HD comes out in a few months.. it'll live up to our expectations.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Would like to get a new Zune HD to use in the car as a HD radio and mp3 player I think it would work pretty nice.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Any mp3 player in the mid to high level range basically mops the floor with the ipod. i have a creative labs zen, i thinks its 4gb. it was $60 and it has a voice recorder (which is very high quality) and it plays the radio. you can also record the radio. i can replace the battery without sending it in to apple, and it has outlasted 2 ipods in my family. i have heard mixed reviews about the zune, but for the money, you're better off buying that than to buy a comparable ipod.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Any mp3 player in the mid to high level range basically mops the floor with the ipod. i have a creative labs zen, i thinks its 4gb. it was $60 and it has a voice recorder (which is very high quality) and it plays the radio. you can also record the radio. i can replace the battery without sending it in to apple, and it has outlasted 2 ipods in my family. i have heard mixed reviews about the zune, but for the money, you're better off buying that than to buy a comparable ipod.
+1

My fiance has a Sandisc Sansa 4GB and it's a great MP3 player. It was roughly $90 IIRC and has lasted being doused in sweat had water spilled on it and it still works fine. I like my Zune for the huge storage it has, but before I had that I was using an RCA Lyra and I liked it. It outlived 2 iPods my sister had that were each about 3 times the price of my Lyra.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts