Bought a Ruger Charger today for my birthday on the 21st

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by panoz77, Jan 25, 2008.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me......

Just bought a Ruger Charger from a local gunshop, I have been really wanting one since I saw them, I love my 10/22 so now I have a pistol version and no new mags are needed. The sticker was $300 and I thought that was reasonable for a local purchase, the other shops had none and the one other shop that had ONE wanted $325. All total it was $319 OTD.

[​IMG]

2. You lucky dog. Nice looking gun. I really like the look of the chargers

3. Wow, nice. I really gotta get one as soon as I can find one on a shelf.

4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Thanks, this thing should be a huge seller, I hope Ruger can keep up with the initial demand, they seem to be very hard to come by right now.

5. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

I have a 10/22 and PLEASE correct me if I am wrong But would it not cost more to upgrade it to be the same as this charger.

The stock costs about a bill the barrel another and the scope and rings are not free. Plus the bipod.

I say nice deal and good looker.

THE GUN SILLY NOT YOU>>>>> :)

6. Yea, if you were to build you're own from a 10/22 it will cost you several times more. If you want a 10/22 pistol this is the way to go. This will kill the other companies making the conversion kits.

7. unclerob

unclerob Member

Pure Sweetness!
    BTW, did you polish the feed ramp and tweek the mag lips?

JK. Welcome to the club.

Now, where is the stainless steel version?

8. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Yeah, I usually go for stainless but I really like the look of this one in black. BTW, does anyone want to swap some black scope rings for a couple pairs of these silver one's? I have two identical pairs and would rather have black. I think I'll also put a post up in the WTT.

9. Langford

Langford Guest

Good looking gun! I just finished up building a 10/22 and am thinking about picking up one of these to go with it, I already have a Ruger Mark III hunter, so I really dont need one....but they do look like fun!

10. Ewww.... whad you do that to the handle for? Ohwell, you're gun. Imagine it might help hold onto that thing while experiencing the sever recoil of the .22LR cartridge.

11. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Well you're right I did take off the grip and only left the foot covered with rubber to prevent scratching the living sht out of it.

12. Ya'll all seem to love it, but I must say. I don't like the way the gun looks. Don't kill me. Perhaps I would think different if I got to shoot one.

13. jason865

jason865 Guest

You cant build one from a 10/22, because you would have to shorten the barrel. Since the receiver for the 10/22 has already been issued as a rifle receiver, you would have to register the weapon as a short barreled rifle. You can convert a pistol receiver to rifle and you are fine, but you can not convert a rifle receiver to pistol without registering as a sbr.

14. jason865

jason865 Guest

By the way, is there an option of having iron sights on the pistol?

15. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Not that I know of, from all of the things that I have read, they do not come with iron sights.

16. condition1

condition1 Member

so just how are you planning on concealing that thing?

I make only myself laugh.... that is really nice looking.

17. Hence costing an arm and a leg. You CAN do it, but must play by the ATFs rules and pay to do so. You contridict yourself when you say it can't be done then say it can be done as a SBR. Their are kits out there, so obviously someone thought of it before ruger.

18. jason865

jason865 Guest