Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the expensive side at 319.00, but since they are a near perfect ccw, I bought one for my wife. These, along with the Kel-tec P32/3AT, seem to be impossible to find, so I went ahead and paid the inflated price. To add insult to injury, the only ammo they had was 40 dollar Win silver tip HPs, so...

Glad to know that Ruger has a lifetime warranty on these, otherwise might not have bought it. I'll report back when I get to shoot it.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I have heard nothing but good about them. Good buy. Congrats.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just curious did the recall include the .380 version?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Recall as stated on their site:

"Ruger has received a small number of reports from the field indicating that LCP pistols can discharge when dropped onto a hard surface with a round in the chamber. We are firmly committed to safety and would like to retrofit all older LCP Pistols. The retrofit involves installation of an upgraded hammer mechanism at no charge to the customer.

How to determine if your pistol needs the retrofit: All LCP pistols bearing prefix “370” (that is, serial number 370-xxxxx) may be affected. Newly manufactured and retrofitted “370” prefix LCP pistols with the new hammer mechanism installed have been marked with a diamond in the flat portion of the slot just behind and below the hammer as shown to the right. Going forward, new pistols will be marked with the serial number prefix “371” (serial number 371-xxxxx). Pistols with the “371” prefix are not affected."

I'm good 8) mine has a 371 serial #.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thats a sweet looking little pistol ya got there.
Nice purchase.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice, I want to get something in size physically between my Taurus PT-22 and Firestorm .380. Been looking at the LCP's and the Kel Tec P32, P3AT, and PF-9.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not too fond of the ripping off of Kel Tec, but nice gun.
Agreed, but the warranty's good, and Ruger was all they had.. the Kel-tecs are backordered :mad:

Nice, I want to get something in size physically between my Taurus PT-22 and Firestorm .380. Been looking at the LCP's and the Kel Tec P32, P3AT, and PF-9.
The PT22 is what I upgraded from.. I like the PF-9, but it's on the bigger side for a pocket-sized pistol. Both the P32 and 3AT are perfect for that, and I wanted my wife to have something with a little more kick than the .22 while still being the same size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.