Bought a Taurus .38 M85 Polymer Protector

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by IBCW, Aug 13, 2015.

1. IBCW

IBCW Member Member

Bought a Taurus .38 85 Polymer Protector

[​IMG]

Can't wait to shoot some rounds through it!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Curious on how it shoots and holds up.

3. basshawk21

basshawk21 Member

Very nice. I like the looks of that one.

4. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it said "Taurus Pocket Protector". Guess that name would work, too.

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

Interesting, didn't know they offered a poly frame. I have the magnesium framed 856 Taurus .38 and love it.

6. Kiln

Kiln Member

Yeah the poly version is fairly new. If you have an Academy Sports nearby, it'd be a good place to buy one, they'll ship guns back for free if they're warrantied for life.

7. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Taurus makes poly revolvers in 38 spl, 357 mag, and 45 colt/410.

A few years back they made a zombie version, white poly, stainless cylinder, and zombie green grips. For some insane reason I wanted it, they finally sold it. Glad They did. I prefer all metal revolvers, but the Taurus poly guns generally get good reviews.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  8. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Just something nice about a 2" snubby tucked into a cross draw holster when you're driving. :)

I carry my Taurus snubby when I mow the property and keep it loaded up with snake shot. If I am driving into an area of questionable reputation, in addition to my OWB carry I also carry my Charter Arms Undercover snubby in a cross draw. The cross draw is easy to get to and fast to draw from.

Attached Files:

9. IBCW

IBCW Member Member

Couldn't beat the price, even with my local gun shops transfer fee, I was still around $275 for it.

10. william lux

william lux Member

green and white 38special

i have one and it seem to hold up great almost 1000 rounds

11. IBCW

IBCW Member Member

[​IMG]

Finally got around to shooting my pistol today.....the lightness of the gun caused it to shoot high a bit, but I was able to compensate after some practice. This perp would've been quite dead I think. :)

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I know that guy.

13. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Wanna know another cool Taurus revolver? The 450. Snubby in 45 Colt. Taurus went through a spell of making snubbies in heavy calibers including 44 Special and (I think but might be wrong) 44-40.

14. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I recently bought a Taurus 66, 7 round, 4" barrel, .357, adjustable rear sights, very accurate. Excellent pistol.