bought my 3rd hi point a OD green 40 S&W

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by mellon, Nov 21, 2014.

1. mellon

mellon Member

:D just got a green 40 S&W from cheaper than dirt for 134.00. I like my c9 and my 45 cal so I guess this makes me a hi pointaholic lol. Ill be ordering a mahan site and a hoage grip sleeve for it. Got both for the c9 and the 45 already. The mahan sight makes them wicked accurate. I definitely recommend getting one. Range report and pics will follow

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Yep, your getting "IT" bad!

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

How do you like the grip sleeve? Does it help with the slippery feel of the stock grip?

4. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I have one on my carbines, definitely helps with the slippery grip.

5. I used to be a sleeve guy until I discovered textured paint. To me, it just feels more natural. Furthermore, I'm too old to use rubbers! :D

Attached Files:

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

LMAO, is there any special prep involved like keying or sanding? I am thinking zombie green.

7. tone

tone Member

Love my JCP! I bought it as a truck gun but it's only seen range duty so far. It shoots great.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

8. Cleaned with alcohol, sanded with gray Scotch Brite Ultra Fine Pads, cleaned again and painted with several coats Rust-Oleum textured paint.

9. I've been thinking of painting the slide and repainting the grips of my JCP in forest green, similar to my cerokote finished Cougar 8040.

Note: Photo shows the color to be more gray than green...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  10. mellon

mellon Member

Like the grip sleeve. Im 6' 8" and have big hands do the grip sleeve really helps. Btw my 45 has the flush mags and now my 40 will too

11. I put the Hoge grip on my 995TS...and love it...Gives it a whole different feel.

Attached Files:

12. MachoMelvin

You are starting to appear like a HP ADDICT?

Just how many Hi Points do you have?

13. Just have 3..The 995TS, a 4095TS, AND THE c9, That i just bought....:).

14. MachoMelvin

Yep, the 995TS is a gateway drug?

It's how I got HOOKED!

15. Actually have aquired quite a few different kinds of firearms in the last few yrs. I was raised in an anti-gun household. But after a close call in the parking garage at work, with the security guard sleeping in his little shack 5 floors down....i realized i am responsible for my own protection....Got my CCW, go to the range every week, and have taken some advanced tactical handgun classes.....Plus i live in an old farmhouse out in the boonies with my best friend from College (who is also a gun nut)...It could take LEO up to 20 Min to get to us...so we have 3 mean dogs and substantial firepower.....lol

16. Good for you!

17. MachoMelvin

Remember;

In case of emergency, the police are only 1 to 59 minutes a way!
    Any longer than that, the bad guy may not make it?

I have many LEO in our family. I have been told they spend more time collecting evidence than stopping crime before it happens!

18. It is good from a security standpoint, but can be a pain in the the a55, and a tradeoff like anything else. 2 of the dogs came with the property when she bought it, the third wandered in about 6mo ago...They are on patrol 24/7...lol. We have to go to the Post office to get our mail, haul our own trash to the dump, or burn it. UPS has to be sent to some other address. And have a sign out by the road to tell all visitors to remain in their vehicle until we come out on the porch...

19. lol.......

20. MachoMelvin

Sounds like you can target practice form the from porch? GREAT!