Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good deal on the C9 at Vance's in Columbus yesterday. I left and went straight to the range with 50 rounds of WWB. Sent all fifty down range and had a missfeed in every mag full. Who cares? I finished plinking with my Walther P22 and then went and bought some more WWB and loaded up the mag to break in the spring a little. I'll see how it feeds after that and then move on to the next problem if it arises.
Is there any mod for the trigger on lightening the pull? I like the gun in spite of the problems, and will continue to become more skilled with it. Great forums and thanks for listening!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Welcome Chaos!

There has been lots of discussion on your issues. Best thing is to not load your mag to capacity for a while, until the springs are broken in. Leave them fully loaded when storing them. I had the same problem for the first few hundred rounds. Worked great. NO FTFs.

Next, there has been a great deal of discussion on this as well but HiPoint recommends not using WWB. Some have said they are just a bit longer and this causes the FTF issue. Blazer Brass is cheaper at Walmart and both of my HPs love it.

Keep shooting and try whatever ammo you can find that works best in your weapon.

Finally, there are many who polish the feed ramps and modify the magazines lips. You can find strings on this as well. I have not found it to be necessary.

Bulldog87

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bulldog, I have read most the different threads on this so I'll be prepared when it comes to that. As for walmart ammo, right now it's slim pickings at almost all of them and all I can get at mine is the WWB. I would be glad to try another type. No big deal, I'll just keep working with it and let it get broke in right before I go doing anything drastic.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I've put over 1000 rnds of WWB through each of mine with no issues.

I load mags this way: Load it full. Smack it against my palm hard 2-3 times to insure all shells against the rear. Push down on the stack 2-3 times to "spring it". Smack it again and make sure the first bullet is pointed in the right direction. Seems a bit tedious - see paragraph 1 of this post!

EDIT - oh crap, welcome to the forum btw!!! :welcome:

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Welcome and I suggest you follow Newskate 9's advice for seating the bullets in the magazine. I do and have yet to have a problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to work on my grip as well, maybe I'm limp wristing it. Either way, it's going to be fun to get it broke in. I picked it up for $115 OTD.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

My assistant, Leland, will be by to dole out the meds. :sleezy:

Go Here and read. A compilation of my own compiling. A list of common malfunctions, their causes, and fixes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Broomhead, I read all that before. I shot a few rounds today and only had a few misfeeds at first. I think it's getting broke in. I tried a new grip style also that was suggested on here and it seemed to help hold the gun better, which probably helped the misfeeds as well. No biggy, I'll keep at it till it works the way I think it should! Should be fun!!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Vance's is where I plan to get my gun. money is tight, laid off 3 months, only worked 6 weeks aug thru oct. Then they announced they were closing down. $120 never seemed like that much a couple of years ago!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mo Mo Mo I hear ya. I'm down to 3 day weeks and scrounging for the rest. Good luck on the job search! Hopefully the new gubment makes it all better soon???

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
on the plus side, at least there is NOTHING in Ohio to keep me here any longer. Hope to sell house and become a poor, warm southerner instead of a poor, Half-frozen yankee

G

·
Move to Texas--warm weather, low cost of living, lots of 2A supporters...what more could you ask for... except maybe a hot female 2A supporter with lots of guns and a spare bedroom!

·
Registered
163 Posts
what more could you ask for... except maybe a hot female 2A supporter with lots of guns and a spare bedroom!
We call that "Florida." :devilsidesmile:

We were in the same point about 4 years ago. No job, no house, no nothing in Michigan. Took what severance package I got to pay the movers and we were Tampa bound. Never looked back. You can change your life once you realize that winter is optional.

G

·
Sounds like you like it in Tampa. I have always wanted to live in Florida--I'm a diver and want to be near the water. Wife isn't and would rather go to the mountains. Tampa is high on my list of places to move to, but don't know if that will ever happen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts