Bought my next C9, or will it be a CF380 Comp? Decisions, decisions...

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by adam01364, May 13, 2018.

1. C9

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. CF380 Comp

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

Since Hi-Point pistols and not on the mAssachoo$hitz "nice list", I have to resort to buying them piecemeal and then rebuilding them.
    I just scored a C9 frame... once it arrives at my FFL, I'll have to decide what to build. I have both C9 slides and barrels, as well as CF380 comp slides and barrels to choose from...
    I'm torn, I don't own a comp, but I prefer 9mm.
    If I had the 9mm comp barrel it'd be an easy decision.

Poll: What do y'all think it should be, and why?

C9 new build.jpg

C9 and other parts.jpg

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    In Mass, if the cops run the serial # on your 380 comp and it comes back as a C-9, how much $hit will you get in?

3. adam01364

Not too much shit, particularly if I register it as a Comp to begin with.

But let's face reality: If I get into trouble with the cops in mA$$, my ass is grass no matter what. I'll be the new poster child definition of "arsenal of weapons and ammunition", despite all of the firearms being registered and locked up, and having the proper licenses for ammunition storage (also locked up per Fire code) on the premises.

yworrydog likes this.
  4. cicpup

Vermont
    Awwww.. That's cute. You say that like you're special around here. My money's on AJ having the best headlines. A school teacher with enough surplus rifles to arm a battalion and enough .22s to arm every kid he teaches? That'll be a fun read. Right up there with the heavily armed hippy family with their tie-dyed weapons of war and the bald headed ninja with the large cache of strange handguns. Then there's the guy who dragged his family from NY to an isolated compound in Co along with his assault rifles and what appears to be an insane amount of high capacity mags. The heavily armed woman attempting to live off the grid. The list goes on.

But your large collection of inexpensive handguns in an extremely gun-un-friendly state will guarantee you'll be reported as a "possible illegal arms dealer". So that'll be fun.

yworrydog likes this.
  5. adam01364

Well if I disappear from the forum you'll know why.
    Hmmm, I noticed you left yerself off that great summary, whazzup with that?

Twisty likes this.
  6. cicpup

Vermont
    What? The guy with the inexpensive "gangsta" handguns and modified carbines who is within driving distance of two nanny states and has been contacted twice by the ATF? Once about a crime in one of those nanny states and the other time in person? Nope. Nothing interesting to write about there.

7. Dane

Dane + unkown number of likes Supporting Member

So you can buy out of state parts?? Get a C9 comp barrel and slide then.

8. adam01364

I've tried but no luck yet.

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Get a chamber reamer and make one of your .380 barrels into a 9 mm.

adam01364 likes this.
  11. adam01364

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  12. adam01364

"Tie dyed weapons of war" doesn't ring a bell, Moonzie?

moona11 likes this.
  13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I have no idea what you refer to.

14. adam01364

That's a good answer. When someone asks, just deny everything. :clap:

moona11 likes this.
  15. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

I’m guessing the Miserable Mosin o_O

16. adam01364

Just give your name, rank, and serial number, Moonz, er, Comrade!

17. Jason Tucker

Jason Tucker Member

You can buy parts kits/lots for most of the Hi Point models on Gunbroker and even on eBay. Personally I would go for the C9 build just for the difference in ammo cost. I don't know the ammo situation in Mass. but in GA 9mm is way cheaper than 380 especially in bulk.
    On the other hand I would be tempted to go with the 380 comped barrel since I believe the compensator comes off leaving ample exposed muzzle to have threaded for suppressor use. I would love to see the video of someone running a suppressed Hi Point. I keep saying I'm gonna get a threaded barrel for my Makarov but they're not easy to find anymore.

ajole likes this.
  18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yeah...wish I had bought one back then. I did find a .380 Mak barrel and the press at some place for diddly squat dollars, it’s been on my shelf for a few years now, it may never get used.

The .380 and the 9 mm HP both have 1/2” of barrel sticking out past the slide, with a groove cut across that the comp cross bolt indexes into. Not sure if that groove would affect threading.

19. Jason Tucker

Jason Tucker Member

Well a decent machinest could turn out a coupling or what I would refer to as a threaded barrel bushing similar to the one used on the Walther P22.

ajole likes this.