Brass Gods

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by histed, Aug 14, 2015.

1. histed

histed Supporting Member

How many times have you been to the range and come home missing a few pieces of brass? A sacrificial offering to the Brass Gods, right? But did you know the buggers have a weird sense of humor. Today I was exercising my 738. I had my tarp spread (our range is grass, not regularly cut) and was having a great time. When I picked up the brass and put it back in the boxes I came up 3 pieces short. Never did find them, but, in trade, the gods left me 5 pieces of 9mm and 3 .45 ACP. Been finding a lot of .45 lately. Maybe their telling me its time to pick up that JHP. [​IMG]

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

They play a different game with me.... They rain hellfire down the back of my neck, into my shirt, forcing me to dance a ritual in their name....

3. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I like it better when the brass gods are smiling on me. Lately I had one day when I came home with 100+ pieces of .223, and another when I came home with 165 pieces of .45 acp. The gods were much more giving back during the panic. When everybody was buying new guns and testing them out. Got to the point I wouldn't even pick up 9mm because there was so much. It's not that way any more.

4. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

My AR-15 flings brass into the next shooting lane... I hang a tarp to stop it so it all falls near me... then I still lose a few pieces!

5. histed

histed Supporting Member

They are a fickle lot. Bull, is that where we get the classic bull fighter's dance? It's really the dace of Vulcan?

6. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I use one of these.

[​IMG]

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Have 6 of them they work nice on the 4595 to.

8. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I have one... don't like it hanging there...

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Several years ago, the range I go to always had brass laying around.. There was even a note at each range which asked shooters to pick up their brass and deposit it in a container. Not anymore, the only brass I see laying around now is .22 stuff.

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    If I pick it up, I'm KEEPING IT!!! Just Sayin'! :D

11. I do all of my shooting in the desert on BLM land and every time we go, we run across at least 2 or 3 piles of pistol and rifle brass, and promptly pick it up!

If I can't find a few of my casings, it's OK cause its more than made up for.

12. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Boy Scouts get the brass to scrap or resell(now that I told them they could make 3 times as much as scrap price!) from my range. You can pick up your own but they discourage picking up others(mainly at the pistol range, rifle guys like to keep their brass!

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    Well, usually the range is empty when I go. Or sparsely populated, so it's fair game!

I even save 22lr brass, it can be swaged out for 556 jackets :D

14. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

When I shoot my 738, I can never find all the brass. I think mine gets hungry during the workout and eats a few pieces here and there. My 1911 must get mad though, because it throws a few pieces at the top of my head every now and then. My 4595 throws them in a neat pile for easy cleanup.

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    Hi Point Superiority :D

16. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

There are no (as in zero) shooting ranges around here within 75 to 100 miles to collect any brass.... so if anyone here is able and willing to score me some cheap (meaning mostly free) 9mm brass, this soon to be unemployed (sept 12th is last day I can work for the parks this season) seasonal state parks worker would be greatly appreciative of the generosity! :help: :welcome:

17. jwright

jwright Member

I always leave the range with way more then i shot. A lot of people dont clean up after they shoot. Now i just have to firgure out what to do with it cause i dont reload

18. histed

histed Supporting Member

May I suggest separating it by caliber and offering it here at reasonable prices. Betcha don't have it long!

I used to have that "problem" when the PA State Police used our range to qualify. Most of those guys were older and pretty well adjusted. If I got there before they policed the range, I could keep whatever I found. Kept me in .223 and 9mm, traded the .40 for Bullseye at the LGS. Then someone got pissy with someone and the SP went elsewhere.

19. colthrash

colthrash Member

my bersa 380 throws the brass into deep space...

20. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

My PK380 tosses them down my top... ever have hot brass stuck in your bra?