brass stacker right side charging

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by ace, Oct 16, 2014.

1. ace

ace Member

Looked at the brass stacker website and they have the right side charging handles back instock. If anyone's been looking for that. They had 10 left at $41 a piece.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have one & like it alot!
    Don't know whether I want more than one?

Attached Files:

3. boicecf

boicecf Member

I considered this item when I first got my 995TS but after several trips to the range got used to the left side charging handle and dropped the idea!!

4. I really prefer the left side charger.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I've take my 40 out 3 times. Going out today too! I still want a RH handle :(

6. the sarges son

the sarges son Member

The right side charging handle would be fine if you put your sling on the left. Otherwise it will dig into your back when carrying it.

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

Well I ordered one. Oooooooops! I have a .40! I think I may end up cutting the housing or whatever you call it to make it work.

8. MachoMelvin

OR, you may want to pick up used 995?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  9. TNTRAILERTRASH

You selling? :p

10. MachoMelvin

NO -NO - NO!

Just implying it may be easier to buy a 995 than to modify his 4095?

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

I shipped today from Candler. I can driver there easily. I might have it tomorrow.

I can't believe I didn't check Armslist all weekend.........

12. Lefty handle for me

Same here. It's so natural for a righty (like me) to grab the charging handle with the left hand, while holding the pistol grip with the right hand.

In my mind, every rifle (or carbine) with a pistol grip, should have the charging handle on the left for natural ergonomics. That is, unless one is a lefty.

To each his own, I guess. I like Hi-Point's where it is.

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

I want the bolt, or the charging handle on the same side the ejector spits from. It's a **** design. Just my dumbass opinion.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yes. Yes it is.:cool:

Think of it like a pistol. Do you want to take your control hand off the grip and use it to rack the slide? Same idea here, maintain control of the pistol grip, use your off hand to reload and rack. It's faster, smoother, more efficient, and is a perfectly good design.

That's why H&K, the Tavor, and Steyr all use it.;)

15. panoz77

panoz77 Member

It is so funny to me, when an AK has a right side charging handle, people will pay big bucks to be different for the left side charging handle. When a gun comes with a left side charging handle, people will pay money to put it on the right side. Sometimes, I think people just want to be different and have something that "everyone else" doesn't have. The right side charging handle on the 995 makes little to no sense ergonomically for a right hand shooter, so you are basically paying money to make your gun less functional.

16. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Or left handed.

17. panoz77

panoz77 Member

That's why I said "for a right hand shooter" ;)

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

Every rifle I have owned and fired is a right hand bolt. Left hand is out where it needs to be. Right hand is opening and I can check with the port open and up. Right hand is close the the grip area be it pistol on rifle type grip. Been doing it for 44 years.

You're all a bunch of HP fan boiz and you need to be spanked with your slings :p

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Sigh....:rolleyes:

Seriously...how many of those right hand bolts were...you know...BOLT ACTION guns?:cool:

This is a pistol grip carbine, that shoots pistol calibers. It's not a rifle stocked M1 or a lever action, it has a pistol grip. Quit thinking of it as a bolt action gun, and use it like the designers intended.;)

20. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I am a converted "lefty" and I like the left side charging handle. Keeping the right hand on the pistol grip, where it belongs. I would love a left hand bolt action, for shooting right handed, but the one I was considering would be getting a thumbhole stock as well...

Makes perfect sense to me! (LSCH) <left side charging handle>